Sharjah International Conference on Physics of Advanced Materials
University of Sharjah
25 – 27 April 2023, Sharjah, UAE.
Materials continue to be the key behind major technological breakthroughs for many decades. Their properties can be engineered and optimized to develop specific applications including energy conversion and storage, water treatment (purification and desalination), sensing and biomedical applications. This conference will focus on advanced materials that are being developed to address todays' major challenges. It includes also computational methods which are emerging as very powerful tool for materials design and screening for diverse applications.
The program of the conference will include series of plenary talks given by well-known scientists from Europe, USA, Canada and Singapore
The conference scientific program will cover a wide range of advanced materials with a strong focus on their technological applications. The list of all related topics includes the following:
- Perovskites for solar energy harvesting
- Advanced materials for energy storage
- Sensing applications and 3D Printed devices
- Nano engineered materials and their applications
- Biomaterials and their applications
- Materials for water treatment and desalination
- Materials Computation and Modelling
- Advanced techniques for materials investigation.
The conference will provide opportunities to exchange ideas and identify potential academic partners to establish collaborations with the University of Sharjah. Contributions from experts working with industry, within the scope of the conference subjects will be considered as well.
- A full day Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) symposium on Advanced Materials for Solar Energy harvesting and Sensing Applications. DEWA is implementing the largest single-site solar energy project in the world, with a planned total production capacity of 5,000 megawatts (MW) by 2030.