Requirement for transfer for all programs except the Colleges of Medicine and Dental Medicine.
accredited by the Ministry of Education, provided that
- The applicant should have successfully completed at least two semesters or one whole year in a recognized university and his/ her academic average should not be less than Good or 2.50 points out of 4.00 points. While students transferring from a Community College or Higher institutes, the required average should not be less than Very Good or 3.00 points out of 4.00 points.
- She/he should meet the university’s admission criteria and the special requirements of the college to which he/she is to transfer. For more information Click here .
- Students transferring from other universities, community colleges or institutes of higher education shall not benefit from their academic record if they have discontinued their studies for a period of four regular semesters or more.
- There are available places in the college to which he/she is transferring.
- The university from which the student is transferring must require full-time attendance and the transferring student should not have been expelled from the University of Sharjah or any other educational institution for academic or disciplinary reasons.
- The College Council may, upon the recommendation of the Department, accept the transfer of the credits for all or some of the courses that the student has completed successfully, on condition that his final grade in any of them is not less than (C+). While students transferring from a Community College or Higher institutes, the average should not be less than (B) in program courses, and not less than Very Good (C+) in the university compulsory courses.
- Grades or averages that a student has received in the accepted courses for transfer will not be counted while calculating the student’s CGPA at the University.
- No credit for courses taken by a new student at the University shall count if he/she has already taken them at another university, community college, or institute of higher education from which he/she has obtained a certificate.
- The maximum number of credit hours that can be transferred from another recognized university within the framework of the study plan applicable to the student at the University of Sharjah shall not exceed 60 credit hours in all Colleges except the College of Engineering, Health Sciences and Pharmacy where the maximum number shall not exceed 70 credit hours, noting that the transferred hours should not exceed 50% of the hours required to complete the degree requirements.
- The maximum number of credit hours that can be transferred from a Community College or Higher institutes within the framework of the study plan applicable to the student at UoS shall not exceed 40 credit hours for all colleges except for the College of Engineering and College of Health Sciences where the maximum credit hours shall not exceed 50 credit hours, noting that the transferred hours should not exceed 50% of the hours required to complete the degree requirements.