His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah and President of the University of Sharjah, stressed Sharjah's keenness to develop the educational system and qualify teachers to ensure high quality educational outputs that benefit students. This he stated during the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the University of Sharjah and the Sharjah Private Education Authority.
His Highness pointed out that the MoU will help to continue the cooperation that has already begun between the University of Sharjah and the Sharjah Private Education Authority in the rehabilitation of teachers and graduates of Islamic studies and Arabic language. The President of the University of Sharjah then pointed out that teachers will be qualified through a professional diploma in teaching and given the opportunity to train in schools to hone their teaching skills and development.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by Prof. Hamid M.K. Al Naimiy, Chancellor of the University of Sharjah and Her Excellency Dr. Muhadditha Yahya Al Hashemi, Chairman of the Sharjah Private Education Authority (SHE), is concerned with joint cooperation, exchange of knowledge and expertise, and the establishment of a partnership that contributes to sustainable development. The MoU aims to enhance cooperation between the University and the Authority in a number of areas, including:
1. The University of Sharjah prepares those selected by the Authority in various disciplines through the provision and implementation of academic programs and professional diplomas
2. Training of workers in the field of education and private education institutions in the Emirate of Sharjah
3. Academic guidance, which includes increasing the awareness of school administrations, teachers and students of the disciplines available and the student life available at the University of Sharjah
4. Prepare educational programs and researches, studies and consultations aimed at promoting the educational process
5. Organizing scientific conferences and forums in the fields of quality of education and its outputs in order to apply the best international practices in this regard
The Memorandum organizes the mechanism of cooperation between the two parties for the benefit of the continuous development of them in the fields of scientific research and studies and the preparation of cadres to achieve the objectives of the Memorandum.