The Counseling Services provides students, staff, faculty, and parents with consultation on situations where input from mental health professionals might be helpful. We also offer faculty and staff consultation focused on clarifying personal, family, and work- related concerns and identifying treatment and other resources in the community.
Scope of Work
The UoS Counseling Services provides individual counseling and psychotherapy utilizing a short-term, problem oriented, solution-focused model. This will generally mean a maximum of 8 to 10 sessions. In some cases, extended forms intervention might be needed.
• Individual counseling sessions.
• Group counseling sessions.
• Psycho-educational workshops and seminars.
• Crisis prevention, intervention, and consultation.
• Psychological testing and clinical assessment.
• Self-help pamphlets and handouts.
• Staff training.
• Referral services.