The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2020-2021
UoS offers 107 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The Office of International Relations is the strategic platform for coordinating the efforts of the units, offices and colleges at the University of Sharjah in establishing and advancing international collaborations and partnerships with partner universities and institutions worldwide...
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Conducting studies/researches to understand sustainability challenges and develop innovative ideas to address those challenges.
1. Percentage number of the faculty and/or staff that are engaged in sustainability research
2. Percentage of research-producing departments that are engaged in sustainability research
3. An ongoing program to encourage students in multiple disciplines or academic programs to conduct research in sustainability.
4. A program to encourage faculty from multiple disciplines or academic programs to conduct research in sustainability topics.
5. Written policies and procedures that give positive recognition to interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary, and multidisciplinary research during faculty promotion and/or tenure decisions.
6. Ongoing library support for sustainability research and learning.
7. The number of the institution's research-producing divisions that are covered by a published open access policy, which ensures that versions of future scholarly articles by faculty and staff are deposited in a designated open access repository. (All, Some or None)
8. The institution provides financial incentives to support faculty members with article processing and other open access publication charges.
- Sustainability studies (research): UOS has allocated funding to encourage research related to sustainability as follow:
1. Total research fund dedicated to sustainability research in 2016 = 3,057,100 AED
2. Total research fund dedicated to sustainability research in 2017 = 2,069,670 AED
3. Total research fund dedicated to sustainability research in 2018 = 1,712,400 AED
4. The averaged annum last 3 years of research fund dedicated to sustainability research = 2,279,723 AED
- Establishing a research group to conduct studies and researches toward developing a sustainable university campus.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: