The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2020-2021
UoS offers 107 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The Office of International Relations is the strategic platform for coordinating the efforts of the units, offices and colleges at the University of Sharjah in establishing and advancing international collaborations and partnerships with partner universities and institutions worldwide...
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Develop comprehensive strategy to examine energy use, associate costs and environmental impacts (greenhouse gas emissions) at the University of Sharjah campus and propose energy saving plan to reduce the energy usage for the University buildings, street lighting and transportation.
1. Total Electricity Usage per Year (kWh) at UoS campus
2. Renewable energy produced inside the campus (kWh)
3. Green Building Implementation (construction and renovation) & Energy Efficient Appliances
4. Greenhouse Gas Emissions
1. Parabolic Trough Solar Collector Air Conditioning System - Roof W12 (SEWA project)
2. Smart Sensor and Doors - Reduce the cooling load
3. Energy Monitoring - M9 Building
4. LED Lighting - University of Sharjah
5. UoS Solar House - Solar Decathlon
6. Hybrid Solar PV-Thermal Systems - Grid-Tied 3 KW Solar PV and Roof W12 (SEWA project)
7. Shrouded Wind Turbine - W12 Roof
8. Energy Recovery - Solar PV for Golf Cart Charging
9. Corridors – UoS - Double Glazing - reduce cooling load
Energy Monitoring System for Building – M9 Building
- Total energy consumption for M9.
- Energy Savings (reduce energy consumption).
Agriculture Green House – Integration of Renewable Energy System
- (Design of solar PV system for the greenhouse)
New Strategic Initiative: Submitted ~ 140,000 AED
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Powered with Renewable and Sustainable Energy System at the University of Sharjah.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: