The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The Office of International Relations is the strategic platform for coordinating the efforts of the units, offices and colleges at the University of Sharjah in establishing and advancing international collaborations and partnerships with partner universities and institutions worldwide...
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Ensure control of the stray cat population through the TNR (Trap-Neuter-Return) approach.
2. Create designated feeding stations.
3. Seek volunteers to help with trapping, transporting and returning cats after surgical procedures.
4. Organize donation drives for food and other necessary support such as medical supplies and pet carriers.
5. Create awareness in the community about the benefits of TNR.
6. Represent the University of Sharjah at local, regional and international animal welfare workshops, forums and conferences.
7. Promote the University of Sharjah as an animal friendly environment for the sustainability of the community through uses of social media and other public forums.
1. Make arrangements for care during summer months, including regular provision of food and water, and the construction of permanent air-conditioned shelters on campus.
2. Set up on-campus vet services.
3. Seek cat wellness through medical treatment and vaccinations against diseases.
4. Respond to the needs of cats and other animals requiring urgent medical attention.
1. Detecting a slower growth in the cat population
2. Discerning signs of healthier cats.
3. Observing fewer cats with indications of disease and/or fighting with other cats.
4. Perceiving a growing interest among students and faculty in animal care.
1. Arrange for off-campus veterinary services for TNR.
2. Develop awareness campaign within the University of Sharjah community.
3. Visit local grocery stores to collaborate in food donation campaign.
4. Seek volunteers and necessary support.
1. Establish similar initiatives at the University of Sharjah branch locations.
2. Extend awareness campaign throughout the Emirate of Sharjah.
3. Collaborate with other organizations and government authorities in addressing the welfare of animals in the UAE.
4. Collaborate with government authorities to help in the funding of animal welfare in the Emirate of Sharjah community, for example through traffic violation payments.
5. Promote pre-vet and Veterinary Technician degree programs for students at the University of Sharjah.
6. Promote Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree program for students at the University of Sharjah.
7. Promote partnership with the Royal College Veterinary of Surgeons (RCVS), London, U.K. for the registration of UOS students obtaining DVM degrees.
8. Provide on and off campus mobile vet services, affiliated with a veterinary program at the University of Sharjah.
9. Promote the establishment of a permanent UOS veterinary service, affiliated with veterinary degree programs at the University of Sharjah.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: