The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The Office of International Relations is the strategic platform for coordinating the efforts of the units, offices and colleges at the University of Sharjah in establishing and advancing international collaborations and partnerships with partner universities and institutions worldwide...
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Grow native plants under the botanical garden conditions for an educational purpose.
2. Use the native plants for landscaping some parts of the UoS campus.
3. The ultimate goal is to convince the Agriculture Sector of the University of Sharjah and the Agricultural Department in Sharjah Municipality to adopt native plants in landscaping Sharjah City.
1. Acceptance of public to have native plants in landscaping
2. Acceptance of construction companies and municipalities for using native plants in landscaping
3. Use of the students for the native plants in their senior projects
1. Native plants are currently growing under the nursery of Fine Arts College. Seeds from around 15 species were soaked and grown in very well now. These plants comprise trees, large shrubs, small shrubs and herbs. They include also some medicinal and non-medicinal plants with cultural issues.
1. Students studying landscape design in Department of Architecture and Fine arts will use the grown plants in designing gardens, parks and streets.
2. Faculty from Biotechnology and Architecture will carry research together on certain kinds of native plants that have the potential to be adopted in landscaping
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: