The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2020-2021
UoS offers 107 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The Office of International Relations is the strategic platform for coordinating the efforts of the units, offices and colleges at the University of Sharjah in establishing and advancing international collaborations and partnerships with partner universities and institutions worldwide...
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Develop a strategy to fabricate our own soil using biodegradable kitchen waste
such as vegetable peels and waste coffee grounds generated by the community living within the
UOS campus (mainly targeting the houses and the restaurants). This can both reduce the amount of
waste entering the landfill and preserve / enhance UAE’s soil health for future generation.
2. Recycling the paper cups, yogurt buckets, disposed wooden boxes and planks that
ends up in the landfill to make your own soil and grow organic vegetables thereby building a vibrant, sustainable environment.
3. Create awareness among people about low cost community gardening in the
terrace/balcony (with the consent of the municipality) of their apartment through social
media/workshops/radio channels etc. and encourage them to develop community gardens that might also help in establishing stress-free and happy neighborhoods.
4. Collaborate with municipality and with their
support, identify and develop measures to train and motivate apartment
caretakers, to make their own soil using kitchen waste collected from residents / tenants, dwelling in the same apartment.
5. Mobilize the collection of discarded sawdust (from sawmills) and animal dungs (form the animal markets) and
use them in the conversion of sandy soils to high-yield fertile land.
6. Develop long-term plans and projects to strengthen local production of fruits and vegetables using the above strategies.
1. Quantity and quality of soil made per year by using the vegetable waste with the campus.
2. Nutritional value of the vegetables produced using the above soil.
3. Comparing the sense of wellness and satisfaction using a survey among the community using the above methods with those who do not.
4. Number of terrace and balcony gardens in UAE.
5. Reduction in the dependency on imported Vegetables / fruits and economic growth of UAE.
6. Decrease in the Greenhouse gas emissions.
1. Prepared high-yield soil in the college of medicine with the corporation of the faculty, service personnel and Janitors.
2. Reused yogurt containers from the hospital canteen to make compost bins (which otherwise will cost 400AED for one unit) in order to make our own soil.
3. Utilized sawdust and goat dung as manure in the greenhouse allocated by the UOS as a part of sustainable community gardening.
1. Planting 60 different types of tomatoes and aiming to set a record in the year 2019-2020.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: