The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2020-2021
UoS offers 107 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The Office of International Relations is the strategic platform for coordinating the efforts of the units, offices and colleges at the University of Sharjah in establishing and advancing international collaborations and partnerships with partner universities and institutions worldwide...
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Recommend practical solutions to cut costs of purchasing new materials or equipment and operate facilities optimally.
2. Provide the UoS Campus community with Eco-Friendly lifestyle prototypes to experience, and adopt sustainability as a way to conduct business.
3. Activate the existing MOU with Beea’h to collect recyclable waste and provide students with treated materials for academic and research projects.
4. Design a comprehensive focused data-collection system for sustainability based initiatives that records information
on processes, outcomes and budget savings.
5. Support incorporating environmental features into new and proposed UoS projects from design to implementation.
6. Strengthen ties with the local community by creating public/private partnerships and build diverse and collaborative
relationships with community organizations, and governmental entities.
1- Measure progress in the achievable level of reusing stored or unused items instead of purchasing new items, which includes materials and assets.
2- Report budget savings.
3- Identify the number of on-going and new activities performed and projects completed to raise awareness of sustainable initiatives.
1- “Budget-less Instructional Spaces” Project: constructing 3 classrooms reusing doors & windows, digital projectors & projection screens,
whiteboards and pin-up boards, and classroom furniture (student desks, faculty tables and chairs).
2- "Sustainable Courtyards" Project: activating the College of Fine Arts & Design courtyards using recycled materials with zero budget.
3- "Horizon Garden" Project: increasing greenery areas utilizing local plants and recycled materials.
4- “CFAD Furniture Upcycle” Project: building studio light & cutting tables with zero budget.
5- “Integrated Technology Studios” (Paperless High-tech Program)
6- Reusing Painting frames, canvases, and clay raising the awareness of 3Rs in a practical way within the College community.
7- “Recycling Printers Cartridges” Initiative: placing bins in visible areas and depositing with IBM for recycling.
8- Field trips to Bee’ah waste management for awareness and collaboration.
1- Integrate recycling material in at least one full studio project across different sections.
2- Promote "SUSTAINABILITY" competitions towards expanding innovation and creative ideas.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: