Welcome to the website for the Deanship of Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness, and Accreditation at the University of Sharjah.
The mission of the Deanship of Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness, and Accreditation is to facilitate and integrate University-wide strategic planning, assessment, accreditation, and data-driven decision making efforts for the University of Sharjah.
The primary responsibilities of the Deanship include:
The mission of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to provide accurate and reliable data, analysis, expertise and leadership to support strategic and operational planning, evidence based policy formulation, decision-making and the measurement of the effectiveness of programmatic activities at the University of Sharjah.
Institutional effectiveness requires that DQAIEA coordinate all aspects of the effectiveness process including establishment of expected outcomes and verification that University programs and services assess expected outcomes, plan accordingly, and provide evidence of improvements based on the effectiveness process. To aid in providing assessment of outcomes, the DQAIEA assists with general studies assessment, satisfaction surveys of students, and some Major Field Tests.
The functions of the unit of Institutional Effectiveness include:
- Providing quality data and analytics on enrollment, retention and graduation rates, resource allocation, and program specific data;
- Assisting academic and student services programs reviews;
- Enhance the consistency, rigor, effectiveness, and documentation of assessment processes for academic degree programs and educational and administrative support units; and
- Serving as the primary point of contact for reports and surveys requested by government agencies and commercial interests, including the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Ranking Agencies reports and all other external surveys.
Accreditation and Compliance
The aim of the accreditation unit is to
- Ensure University-wide compliance with the Principles of Accreditation of the Commission for Academic Accreditation (CAA) in the UAE and other international accreditation agencies.
- Facilitate the process of University-wide reaffirmation of accreditation.
- Assist in preparations and responses to SACSCOC related to the reaffirmation of accreditation.
The Institutional Research Unit is a central office at the university level that functions as follows:
Professor Esam Agamy
Dean of the Deanship of Quality Assurance,
Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation