Responsibilities of an Intern
- Students must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before registering the course and be aware of the Internship/Training Policies and Procedures.
- Students should secure an appropriate internship/ training opportunity on their own and it must be approved by the Academic Advisor.
- Attend the preparatory programs for training regularly held by the college and CASTO.
- Students must attend to their work either on-site or virtual as mentioned as their start date by the training site.
- Adhere to the official working hours and policies and procedures of the training site.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information of the training site.
- Positively represent UOS and adhere to work ethics.
- Do not be absent, and in case of any emergency, please obtain the permission of both Academic and Site Supervisor.
- Ensure that you are available online for virtual internship/training.
- Inform the Academic Advisor or Site Supervisor of any problems encountered during the training.
- Ensure that you complete the required number of hours within the weeks specified.
- Fill and submit the required documents on Taskstream
- Prepare a thank you letter to be sent to the training organization at the end of the training period (optional)
Responsibilities of the Academic Supervisor
- Advice for on-site training or virtual/remote from the prepared database made available by CASTO through the Internship Portal, Our Partners, or suggesting unlisted sites for the database.
- Identify suitable areas of training, their goals, and a timeline for achieving them, according to timings, in coordination with the Site Supervisor at the training site.
- Coordinate with the Site Supervisor in specifying a training plan for the student, which conforms to the training goals and resources at the training site.
- Visit or contact the Site Supervisor on the training site regularly and ensuring that the student meets the weekly hours.
- Discuss with the Site Supervisor the progress of the student and help the student to overcome difficulties and problems which he/she might face.
- Assist students in preparing the final report at the end of the training period to include various activities and jobs which the student engaged in and the extent to which he/she benefited from the training.
- Answer student questions and inquiries regarding professional practices to ensure quality performance.
- Verify and evaluate the submissions of the students' on-time.
- Authorize the crediting of results for practical training on the training platform.
Responsibilities of the Site Supervisor
- Coordinate and cooperate with the Academic Supervisor in identifying a training plan for the student, which conforms to the training goals and resources available at the training site.
- Follow up and discuss with the student each step of training.
- Deal with problems and difficulties that the training plan might present.
- Attend sessions between the student and the Academic Supervisor whenever possible.
- Complete the Site Supervisor's Evaluation of Student Performance Form at the end of the training period.
Responsibilities of CASTO
- Provide preparatory programs feasible for students.
- Provide students with orientation sessions for internship and training platform.
- Forward welcome email to students to access the training platform.
- Guide the students in submitting and filling in the details on the training platform.
- Coordinate with the Department of Quality Assurance, Institutional Effectiveness & Accreditation to provide orientation sessions for the Academic Supervisors and any technical issues that the students or Academic Supervisors might face.
- Monitor and track the progress of each student.
- Prepare a final report for each major to be forwarded to each college for analyzing purposes.