Start searching for a good placement that will cater to your
major. It is always good to get the advice of your Academic Advisor to ensure
that you are on track.
You may begin your search by:
First phase: Before Training
- Receive your official acceptance from the Training Site with details on your training start/end date, information of the site supervisor (name, job title, email, and direct number).
- Get the required approvals from your Academic Advisor.
- Register for the "Internship/Training Course" on Banner.
Second phase: During the Training
- Start your training on time (virtual or on-site).
- Upload Guardian's Acceptance Letter. (for female students only)
- Fill-in the company details under “Training Site Information”.
- Upload a copy of your acceptance letter.
- Upload a copy of the exemption letter from the company to begin training before or after the course (if applicable).
- Submit the "Weekly Report" by the end of each training week.
- Complete the "Student Evaluation of the Training" a week before the end of training.
- Upload the filled “Site Supervisor Evaluation” at the end of your training.
- Prepare your "Final Report" and upload it at the end of the training
Students are required to abide the following:
- Adhere to the official working hours of the training site.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the training site.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information of the training site.
- Positively represent UoS and adhere to work ethics.
- Inform the Academic Advisor or Site Supervisor of any problems encountered during the training.
- Do not be absent, and in case of any emergency, please obtain the permission of both Academic and Site Supervisor.
- Ensure that you are available online for virtual internship/training.
- You may address a "Thank you Letter" to the Site Supervisor after completion of your training.
- There might be a request to prepare a presentation in person or virtually on your final report for your department.
- The official training platform for UoS for reporting your internship/training is Taskstream.
Note: You are NOT permitted to change your training
organization after getting written acceptance.