Start searching for a good placement that will cater to your
major. It is always good to get the advice of your Academic Advisor to ensure
that you are on track.
You may begin your search by:
First phase: Before Training
- Receive your official acceptance from the Training Site with details on your training start/end date, and information of the site supervisor (name, job title, email, and direct number).
- Get the required approvals from your Academic Advisor.
- Register for the "Internship/Training Course" on Banner.
Second phase: During the Training
- Start your training on time (hybrid or on-site).
- Upload a copy of your acceptance letter.
- Upload a copy of the exemption letter from the company to begin training before or after the course (if applicable).
- Submit the "Weekly Report" by the end of each training week.
- Enter the details of your Site Supervisor who will be evaluating you at the end of your training in "Week 2"
- Prepare your "Final Report" and upload it at the end of the training
Students are required to abide by the following:
- Adhere to the official working hours of the training site.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the training site.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information of the training site.
- Positively represent UoS and adhere to work ethics.
- Inform the Academic Advisor or Site Supervisor of any problems encountered during the training.
- Do not be absent, and in case of any emergency, please obtain the permission of both Academic and Site supervisors.
- You may address a "Thank you Letter" to the Site Supervisor after completion of your training.
- There might be a request to prepare a presentation in person or virtually on your final report for your department.
- The official training platform for UoS for reporting your internship/training in Taskstream.
Note: You are NOT permitted to change your training
organization after getting written acceptance.