- A student applying to join the UoS must have completed her/his secondary education and have had at least 12 years of schooling prior to the date of application.
- The applicant should have graduated from a school licensed and recognized by the Ministry of Education in the UAE, and must submit a certified copy of the secondary school certificates, with a grade script certified by the school and the Ministry of Education or the Education Zone in the UAE.
- An applicant who attended school outside the UAE should be a graduate of a school recognized by the official education authority in the country of study.
- Certificates submitted must be authenticated by the Education Authority in the country of study, such as the Ministry of Education, Boards of Education, or the British Council, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country, then the relevant Embassy of the United Arab Emirates or the Embassy of the Country in the UAE, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the United Arab Emirates.
Holders of Certificates of Secondary Education or its Equivalent:
Students who hold a secondary education certificate from a recognized school may apply for admission to one of the bachelor programs, in accordance with the conditions and standards set by the university, within the limits of its capacity and according to the following provisions:
- A minimum average of 70% (Literary or Scientific Section) is required for admissions to the following
- Shari'a & Islamic Studies
- Business Administration
- Fine Arts & Design
- Arts Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business Information System major in College of Computing and Informatics
- A minimum average of 70% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Sciences and College of Computing and Informatics in the following programs: Computer Science, Information Technology- Multimedia.
- A minimum average of 75% (Scientific Section) for applying to the Colleges of Engineering, Health Sciences and Computer Engineering program in the College of Computing and Informatics.
- A minimum average of 80% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Pharmacy.
- A minimum average of 85% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Dental Medicine.
- A minimum average of 90% (Scientific Section) for applying to the College of Medicine.
Holders of Secondary School Certificates from the schools that Follows the Educational System of Ministry of Education in UAE or the Department of Education and Knowledge in Abu Dhabi:
Students holding a secondary School certificates in UAE country that follows the educational system of Ministry of Education or the Abu Dhabi Education Council \ Department of Education and Knowledge in Abu Dhabi are able to apply to the available programs in the university , as illustrated in the attached table .
Note: Fulfilling the above minimum average requirements does not guarantee admission to a program. These requirements represent a threshold for including the application in the competition pool.
Holders of a Technical High School Certificate or its Equivalent:
Students who hold a Technical Secondary School Certificate from a recognized school may be admitted to an undergraduate program according to the following requirements:
- Sharia and Islamic Studies
- Arts Humanities and Social Sciences, (Except English language and Literature program)
||Business – Business Administration
Engineering or Sciences or Computing and Informatics (According to their respective fields)
|Technical Institution certificate
Engineering or Sciences or Computing and Informatics (According to their fields)