The Scholarship Office has been created to mainly coordinate communications with the sponsors and facilitate the admission of overseas students sponsored by these institutions.
- Coordinate and communicate with local and international student sponsors, local governmental institutions, embassies and consulates
- Facilitate seat reservation and admission of overseas students
- Organize periodic meetings with student sponsors to discuss updates related to admissions process and procedures
- Provide admission letters to students and their sponsors
- Follow up scholarship applications for new students
- Follow up the status of the graduates
- Assist with student housing reservations
- Provide student sponsors with the university IDs, reports, statistics, and the status of new students and graduates
- Follow up on student clearance procedure, and provide the sponsors with copies of student's graduation certificates
- Continuous updates of the admission terms and policy with the sponsors.
The Scholarship Office has
- Communicated with approximately 45 student sponsors, responding to their inquiries, and providing them with all required information
- Organized three field trips with student sponsors to discuss the scholarship procedures followed at the University of Sharjah
- Prepared reports and statistics on scholarship students and their sponsors in coordination with the Admission System Section