1. L. Semerjian, A. Shanableh, M. Semreen, M. Samarai, “Human Health Risk Assessment of Pharmaceuticals in Treated Wastewater Reused for Non-potable Applications in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates”, Environment International, 121, pp. 325-331, 2018.
2. L. Semerjian, “Removal of Heavy Metals (Cu, Pb) from Aqueous Solutions Using Pine (Pinus halepensis) Sawdust: Equilibrium, Kinetic, and Thermodynamic Studies, Environmental Technology & Innovation, 12, pp. 91-103, 2018.
3. M. Semreen, A. Shanableh, L. Semerjian , H. Alniss, M. Mousa, X. Bai, and K. Acharya, “Simultaneous Determination of Pharmaceuticals by Solid-Phase Extraction and Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry: a case study from Sharjah Sewage Treatment Plant”, submitted to Journal of Chromatography A (under review), 2018.
4. A. Shanableh, M. Semreen, L. Semerjian , M. Mousa and N. Darwish, “Presence and Fate of Contaminants of Emerging Concern (CECs) In Sharjah Main Wastewater Treatment Plant”, International Conference on Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (ICCIE’2018), March 13-14, 2018, American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) – Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
5. Semerjian, L., Abdulmonim, S., Al-Jabri, N., and Yousef, A., “Water Quality Assessment of Selected Public Water Coolers in Sharjah, UAE”, 4th International Conference on Water and Society, June 5-7, 2017, Seville, Spain.
6. Hamdan H., Salam, D., Hari, A.R., Semerjian, L., Saikaly, P., “Bioremediation of PAHs-Contaminated Marine Sediments Using SMFCs Under Different Redox Conditions”, Fourth International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technologies, May 22-25, 2017, Miami, Florida, USA.
7. Semerjian, L., Abdulmonim, S., Al-Jabri, N., and Yousef, A., “Water Quality Assessment of Selected Public Water Coolers in Sharjah, UAE”, Wessex Institute of Technology Transactions on Ecology and the Environment, vol. 216, 2017.
8. Hamdan H., Salam, D., Hari, A.R., Semerjian, L., Saikaly, P., “Assessment of the performance of SMFCs in the bioremediation of PAHs in contaminated marine sediments under different redox conditions and analysis of the associated microbial communities”, Science of the Total Environment, 575C, pp. 1453-1461, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.09.232
9. Semerjian, L., “Untreated pine (Pinus halepensis) sawdust: A promising cost-effective adsorbent for minimizing environmental health risks from cadmium pollution”, International Conference on Solutions for a Better Life: Future World Leaders, 21-25 Feb 2016, UOS, UAE.
10. Semerjian, L., Damaj, A., and Salam, D., “Comparative study of humic acid removal and floc characteristics by electrocoagulation and chemical coagulation”, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 187(11), pp. 670-685, 2015.
11. Semerjian, L., Haber E., Mouannes, E., Kayali ElAlem, S., Ewies, J, and Al Daawi, H., “Microbial Concrete”, 13th FEA Student and Alumni Conference, American University of Beirut, 2014 (Best Paper Award)
12. Sayess, R., Saikaly, P. E., El–Fadel, M., Lib, D., and Semerjian L., “Reactor performance in terms of COD and nitrogen removal and bacterial community structure of a three–stage rotating bioelectrochemical contactor”, Water Research, 47(2), pp. 881-94, 2013.
13. Saadeh M., Semerjian, L., and Amacha, N., “Physicochemical evaluation of the upper Litani River watershed, Lebanon,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 462467, 2012.
14. Ayoub, G. M., Hamzeh, A., and Semerjian, L., “Post treatment of tannery wastewater using lime/bittern coagulation and activated carbon adsorption”, Desalination, vol. 273, No. 2-3, pp.359-365, 2011.
15. Sayess R., Saikaly P., El-Fadel M. , Ayoub G. , and Semerjian L. “Integrating Microbial Fuel Cells into Rotating Biological Contactor Systems for Simultaneous Wastewater Treatment and Electricity Generation”, Third International Microbial Fuel Cell Conference, Netherlands, June 6-8, 2011.
16. Semerjian, L., “Equilibrium and kinetics of cadmium adsorption from aqueous solutions using untreated Pinus halepensis sawdust”, Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 173, pp. 236-242, 2010.
17. Semerjian, L., “Quality assessment of various bottled waters marketed in Lebanon”, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 172, No. 1-4, pp. 275-285, 2010.
18. Semerjian, L., Dennis, J., and Ayoub, G. “Trihalomethane formation potential in selected drinking waters of Lebanon”, Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, vol. 9, issue 3, pp. 321-335, 2009.
19. Semerjian, L., Dennis, J., and Ayoub, G. “Modeling the formation of trihalomethanes in drinking waters of Lebanon”, Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 149, issue 1, pp. 429-436, 2009.
20. Semerjian, L., Dennis, J., and Ayoub, G. “Occurrence, formation, and speciation of trihalomethanes in drinking waters of Lebanon”, Proceedings of 10th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (CEST 2007), Kos Island, Greece, 5-7 Sep, 2007.
21. Semerjian, L., Dennis, J., and Ayoub, G. “Spatial and seasonal evolution of trihalomethanes in water distribution systems in Lebanon”, Journal of Water Supply: Research & Technology-AQUA, vol. 56, No. 4, pp. 263-273, 2007.
22. Semerjian, L., and Dennis, J. “Multipathway risk assessment of trihalomethane exposure in drinking water of Lebanon”, Journal of Water & Health, vol. 5, No. 4, 511-522, 2007.