Assistant Professor, University of Sharjah – Mechanical Department UAE Teaching courses and supervising projects. 2015-NOW.
Chairman Philadelphia University – Mechatronics Department Jordan Head of the department. 2014-2015.
Assistant Professor, Philadelphia University – Mechatronics Department Jordan Teaching courses and supervising projects. 2011-2015.
Assistant Professor/Part-time, Jordan University for Science and Technology & German Jordanian University Jordan Teaching courses and supervising projects. 2011-2015.
Exams Presider McMaster University Canada Organizing the exams for the university colleges, manage the exam room, and supervise the students. 2007-2011.
Teacher Assistant, McMaster University–Mechanical Department Canada Helping professors in their courses; marking the exams
and the assignments. 2007-2010.
Lab Supervisor Philadelphia University–Mechanical Department Jordan
Supervising the Fluid Mechanics lab. Teaching the material, supervising the experiments, and marking the exams and the assignments. 2004-2006.
Supervisor Bosch Jordan Repairing cars and vehicles. 2003-2004.
Teacher Assistant, Jordan University for Science and Technology Jordan
Helping professors in their courses; marking the exams and the assignments. 2002-2005.
Trainer, Jordan University for Science and Technology Jordan Maintenance Department. 2001.
- Combined cubature Kalman and smooth variable structure filtering: A robust nonlinear estimation strategy, SA Gadsden, M Al-Shabi, I Arasaratnam, SR Habibi, Signal Processing 96, 290-29 (2014).
- Kalman filtering strategies utilizing the chattering effects of the smooth variable structure filter, M Al-Shabi, SA Gadsden, SR Habibi
Signal Processing 93 (2), 420-431 (2013).
- Text detection and character recognition using fuzzy image processing. M Al-Shabi. Journal of electrical engineering 57 (5), 258-267, (2006).
- The general Toeplitz/observability SVSF, M Al-Shabi, Department of Mechanical Engineering, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario (2011).
- Estimation strategies for the condition monitoring of a battery system in a hybrid electric vehicle, SA Gadsden, M Al-Shabi, SR Habibi ISRN Signal Processing (2011).
- The General Toeplitz/observability smooth variable structure filter. MA Al-Shabi (2011).
- UAV dynamics model parameters estimation techniques: A comparison study, MA Al-Shabi, KS Hatamleh, AA Asad, Applied Electrical Engineering and Computing Technologies (AEECT), (2013).
- Unmanned aerial vehicles parameter estimation using artificial neural networks and iterative bi-section shooting method KS Hatamleh, M Al-Shabi, A Al-Ghasem, AA Asad, Applied Soft Computing 36, 457-467 (2015).
- Estimation of an Electrohydrostatic Actuator Using a Combined Cubature Kalman and Smooth Variable Structure Filter SA Gadsden, M Al-Shabi, I Arasaratnam, S Habibi, International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE) 2010.
- A Comparison of Vibration Control Strategies for a Flexible-Link Robot Arm, SA Gadsden, M AlShabi, 10th International Symposium on Mechatronics and its Applications (2015).