“Open Source for High Schools”, Invited talk. Teacher Training Center, Ministry of Education, 21st of May 2017.
“OpenUAE Research & Development Community”, Invited talk. Fast Forward Summit 2017, TRA, 14th of May 2017.
“Arab Women in Computing”, Invited talk & panelist. Arab-German Young Academy pf Sciences and Humanities, American University of RAK (AURAK), January 2017.
“An Education Perspective: Women in STEM”, panelist. Global Women in STEM Conference”, Crown Plaza, Dubai, 25th -26th October 2016.
“Arab Women in Computing”, Invited talk & panelist. IEEE WIE Leadership Summit, American University of Dubai (AUD), October 2016.
“OpenUAE: Time to Lead”, Invited talk. IEEE Student Day, Manipal University, October 2016.
“Leadership, Career & Women”, Invited talk. American University of Sharjah (AUS), March 2016.
“Why Grace Hopper Conference”. Invited talk. ArabWIC Tech Talks (Webinar), Nov, 2015.
“Overview of Open Source Technologies for the Arab World”. Invited talk. ArabWIC Tech Talks (Webinar), Sep 21, 2015.
“Open Source Software in the Arab World”. Invited talk at École de technologie supérieur (ETS), Montreal, Aug 14th, 2015.
“A Successful Women Leaders Case Study”. Invited talk at 18th Global women Leadership conference, Burj al Arab, Dubai, Mar 08, 2015.
“Ankabut & Emirates Digital Association for Women (EDAW111): Collaborate. Innovate. Impact”. Invited talk at Ankabut Annual Meeting, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, Nov. 2014.
1. Manar Abu Talib, Alain Abran, Olga Ormandjieva, “COSMIC-FFP and Functional Complexity (FC) Measures: A Study of their Scales, Units and Scale Types.” Book chapter in COSMIC Function Points: Theory and Advanced Practices, Reiner Dumke and Alain Abran (eds.), Auerback Publications – Taylor & Francis LLC, Boca Raton, Florida, 2011, pp. 157-169.
2. Manar Abu Talib, Adel Khelifi, Alain Abran, Olga Ormandjieva. Assessment of Real-Time Software Specifications Quality using COSMIC-FFP. Book chapter in Software Process and Product Measurement, vol. 4895/2008, LNCS book series, Springer Berlin / Heidelberg, Germany, pp. 183-194, 2008. DOI 10.1007/978-3-540-85553-8_15.
Refereed Journal articles
1. Manar Abu Talib, Quality in Use Analysis to Evaluate User Experience of Open Source Software Compatible with MATLAB, International Journal of Open Source Software and Processes 7(3), 2017.
2. Manar Abu Talib, “Towards early software reliability prediction for computer forensic tools (case study),” SpringerPlus 2016, 5:827.
3. Manar Abu Talib, Open Source Software in the Arab World: A Literature Survey, International Journal of Open Source Software and Processes 7(1): DOI: 10.4018/IJOSSP.2016010103, 2016.
4. Manar Abu Talib, “Encouraging High School Student Interest in Computing Studies in GCC: UAE Case Study,” Journal of Computer Science 11 (11): 1032.1040, ISSN: 1549-3636, 2015.
Papers in refereed conference proceedings
Manar Abu Talib, “Towards Sustainable Development through Open Source Software in GCC,” in the 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology (ISSPIT). 7-10 December 2015, Abu Dhabi. pp: 52-56.
• Exemplary Faculty Award 2008, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
• The Best Teacher Award 2009, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• The Best Teacher Award 2010, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• Exemplary Faculty Award 2010, Zayed University, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
• Google CS4HS Award 2014, Google, USA.
• Anita Borg Faculty Scholarship 2015, Anita Borg Institute, USA.
• QCRI ArabWIC prestigious full scholarship to attend the largest conference for women in computing, Grace Hopper Conference (GHC 2015) in the USA, 2015.
• Exemplary University & Community Service Award 2016, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, U.A.E.
• Exemplary Leader Award in Management Position, Women in STEM, Meera Kaul Foundation, Dubai, 2016.