We aim at building an Islamic personality that specializes in the deep understanding of Islam on the basis of the Holy Quran and the Sunna in order to meet society's needs.
The Basics of Religion Program accomplishes important objectives in addition to the objectives of University of Sharjah and the objectives of the College of Sharia and Islamic Studies. Here are our most important goals:
1-Providing students with basic Islamic knowledge (belief, advocacy, interpretation, hadith, etc.)
2- Providing students with theoretical and practical knowledge so that they become successful teachers, researchers, and advocates of Islam.
3- Supporting the society's need for experts who would look into present day cases from an Islamic perspective.
4- Preparing balanced students who believe, worship and behave according to the teachings of Islam, who have a strong sense of belonging to their community and country, and who are dedicated to serving and protecting their country's security and stability.
After completing this program, the student will be able to:
- Explain theories and principles related to Islamic belief and advocacy
- List the basic principles in the science of the Holy Quran and its interpretation (tafseer)
- Define Hadith concepts and vocabulary and their sources
- Apply the principles of advocacy (da'wa) of Islam and call to God's religion with wisdom and good example
- Apply the skills of scientific research in preparing research projects
- Apply acquired theoretical and practical knowledge in continuous and autonomous learning and development in new and specialized environments and situations
- Participate in serving the community and promoting social and cultural values in a religious framework.
- Evaluate religious concepts scientifically and participate in their correction
- Deal with contemporary challenges in belief and religious principles by providing justification and evidence
- Take pride in the Holy Quran and the Sunna
- Apply the principles of Sharia and abide by religious principles and values in performing job tasks and dealing with colleagues.