Program Educational Objectives
The bachelor degree in sustainable and renewable energy engineering at the University of Sharjah has the objectives to graduate engineers who are able to:
- Pursue advanced education, research and development, and other creative and innovative efforts in science, engineering, and technology.
- Apply their engineering knowledge, critical thinking and problem solving skills in professional Sustainable and Renewable Energy Engineering Practice.
- Participate as leaders in addressing the social, economic and environmental issues involved in sustainable and renewable energy technologies.
- Identify and employ the best contemporary tools to propose effective solutions in the design of energy systems.
Upon successful completion of the B.Sc. in SREE program, a student will be have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Statistical Data for SREE Student