PhD, Engineering Management, 1987
Loughborough University, England.
MSc, Construction Project Management, 1984
Department of Civil Engineering,
Loughborough University, England.
BSc, Civil Engineering, 1974
Faculty of Engineering,
University of Alexandria, Alexandria, Egypt.
From Sept. 2015 - Current
Professor of Engineering Management
Dept. of Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management
College of Engineering
University of Sharjah
Teaching several courses at postgraduate and undergraduate courses:
Leadership and Innovation Management (0475-760)
Management of Technology (0475-765)
Advanced Engineering Project Management (0475-763)
PhD Seminar (0475-791)
Management for Engineers (0455-560)
Engineering Project Management (0455-511)
Special Topics in Engineering Management (0455 581)
MSc Seminar (0455-591)
MSc Project (0455-595)
MSc Thesis (0455-599)
Product Design and Innovation Management (0405-461)
Senior Project Design Levels I (0405-491)
Senior Project Design Levels II (0405-492)
Dept., College & University Activities:
Member of the Department’s MSc Steering Committee, Sept. 2015 to now
Member of the Department’s committee of ‘Industrial Link, Alumni Relationship and Community Service”, Sept. 2016 to now.
Member of the College of Engineering committee of “Graduate Studies & Research”, Sept. 2015 to now
Design and Delivering Training Courses & Workshops
“Strategic Planning and Leadership in Higher Education”: Institute of Leadership in Higher Education, UOS, 7-9 March 2017.
“Innovation Management Workshop”: Center for Continuing Education & Professional Development, UOS, 27-28 November 2016.
“Certificate of Leadership in Higher Education”, to the Institute of Leadership in Higher Education, University of Sharjah, monthly training course, 2015-2016.
Preparing, negotiating and following up a proposal to Sharjah Electricity and Water Authority (SEWA): Diploma in Technological Innovation Management (100 training hours) in co-operation with the Center for Continuing Education & Professional Development, UOS.
UAE Innovation Week, 20-24 November 2016, Speaker, Sharjah Expo.
From Sept. 2009 – August 2015
Professor & Head of the Department of Technology and Innovation Management
Director of Technology Management Program
Dept. of Technology and Innovation Management
College of Graduate Studies
Arabian Gulf University
Kingdom of Bahrain.
Founding Member, Supreme Committee of the Egyptian Project Management National Code; Ministry of Housing, Utilities and Urban Development, Egypt (2005 to now)
Member of the Board of Directors, Management Engineering Society (MES), Egyptian Society of Engineers (1994 to 2009).
Chairman, Certifying Body of International Project Management Association, (IPMA), Switzerland (2004 -2007). Official Representative of Egypt, in the Annual Meetings of the International Project Management Association (IPMA): Bilbao (2004), Delhi (2005), Zagreb (2006), Budapest (2007).
Member of several International Conferences Advisory Committees & Scientific Committees, examples are:
22nd International Project Management Association (IPMA) Congress, Rome, Italy, November, 9-11, 2008.
4th SCPM & IPMA/ MEDNET Conference, “Project Management Advances”, Chios Island, Greece, 29-31 May 2008.
International Conferences of the Project Management Association (IPMA); International Conferences for Building & Construction, INTERBUILD,(2000 to 2009).
1) Alaa Ubaid1, Mustafa Sahban, Oussama Hammad, Ayman Ramadan, Refaat Abdel-Razek. (2017). “Technological Innovation Classification and Mapping- A literature review, and Mapping Models”, UAE Graduate Students Research Conference’17, Khalifa University, Abu Dhabi, March 20-21, 2017.
2) Safa Alabbas and Refaat Hassan Abdel-Razek. (2016). “Mapping and Benchmarking Technological Innovation of Three International Petrochemical Companies”, Journal of Innovation Management (JIM), 4 (3) 101-124.
2) Duha Sami Alsanad and Refaat Hassan Abdel-Razek. (2016). ”Mapping Technological Innovation: Methodology and Implementation”, Journal of Review of Business & Finance Studies, IBFR, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 59-67. ISSN: 2150-3338 (print), ISSN: 2156-8081 (online). Top Ten downloaded paper on Social Science Research Network (SSRA), 29th January 2016. http://ssrn.com/abstract=2664788
3) Adel Ismail Al-Alawi, Sulaiman M.H. Al-Kandari and Refaat Hassan Abdel-Razek.(2016). “Evaluation of Information Systems Security Awareness in Higher Education: An Empirical Study of Kuwait University”, Journal of Innovation & Business Best Practice, vol. 2016 (2016), Article ID 329374, 24 pages, DOI: 10.5171/2016.329374. http://www.ibimapublishing.com/journals/JIBBP/jibbp.html
4) Raeed Khalid E. Al-Faresi, Adel Ismail Al-Alawi and Refaat Hassan Abdel-Razek. (2016). “Evaluating the Effectiveness of Biometric Technologies in Controlling the Border Ports of the State of Kuwait”, Journal of e-Government Studies and Best Practices.
5) Refaat Hassan Abdel-Razek; and Duha Sami Alsanad. (2015). “Evaluation of Innovation Management in Developing Countries: A Comparative Study”, Arab Gulf Journal of Scientific Research (AGJSR), Arabian Gulf University, volume 33 (1), pp. 1-10.