Education• PhD in Library and Information Science (PhD)
Thesis title: “Knowledge Management in the Arab Electronic Environment: An Analytical Study “
- Beni-sueif university, Egypt.2013
• Master in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
Thesis title: “Computerization of National Libraries Catalogues: a comparative analytical study between Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the USA”Cairo University , Egypt,2005.
• Bachelor of ArtsDocument and Library and Information Science Department,Tanta University, Egypt, 1994-1997
Employment History• Assistant Professor/Full Time, Sep. 2015-Now, Department of Information Technology, Community College, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE.
• Lecturer/Full Time, Feb. 2007 – Aug. 2015, Department of Information Technology, Community College, University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE.
• Lecturer/Full Time, Dec. 2004 – Feb. 2007, Faculty of Social Sciences-6th October University,Egypt.
Professional Activities• Program coordinator, Curricula Developing, CMS Analyst and Designer, Knowledge leader. Knowledge management officer. Information Strategic planner. Learning outcomes measurement specialist. Information Sciences coordinator. Lis programs developer. Library Management & Projects Management.
Professional Memberships• Academic Programs coordinator
• Training committee coordinator
• Curricula Committee
• Time Tables and Exams Committee
• Peer Evaluation Committee
• Hiring Committee
• Library committee
Selected Research ProjectsCMS.DMS,LIS.knowledge management, library automation, digital archiving, digital content
Selected Publications• Gaballa, Emad. National qualification frame work in UAE and its implication on programs accreditation. 20 Annual Conference of the Special Libraries Association ( SLA) – Arabian Gulf Branch- doha-2014.
• Gaballa, Emad. The Arabic language literature: ABibliometric study with developing semantic database, 1st Sharjah International Conference on the Language of the Holy Quran and New Developments of the Times and Humanity, Sharjah university,2014.
• Gaballa, Emad. School librarian and the virtual ,technical and knowledge challenges, Conference 24 of the Arab Federation for Libraries and Information (AFLI) - Al Madina Al Monawara – 2013.
• Gaballa, Emad. Digital right management (DRM) A case Study on UOS libraries -19 conference of Egyptian Library Association- Cairo April 2012.
• Gaballa, Emad. Knowledge Management and Learning organizations, Conference 23 of the Arab Federation for Libraries and Information(AFLI)- doha-2012.
• Gaballa, Emad. Towards a Disciplined Digitization of the Arabic Academic Content- Case Study of Biblio Islam net Website- paper presented To the Sixteenth Annual Conference of the Special Libraries Association ( SLA) – Arabian Gulf Branch , entitled “Virtual Knowledge in Information institutions: Trends and Problems – Abu Dhabi ,2010.
Teaching PhilosophyI think that the goal of educating university-level students can only be achieved by presenting them with more than lectures, rote memorization tasks, and straightforward projects (i.e., traditional schooling). In other words, an educator must move beyond the traditional model of schooling to a point at which students can learn effectively.