- To provide students with a conceptual knowledge and understanding of finance and its applications to real world settings.
- To emphasize the importance of linking theory and practice by studying the major finance models and getting students trained by the most successful financial institutions in the UAE.
- To understand the regulatory and ethical aspects of the Finance industry.
- To be familiar with cultural and global aspects of Finance and their applications in the UAE/Gulf area.
- To be able to use quantitative methods and information technology in the Finance area.
The department's mission is to create and sustain an environment where responsive business scholars educate responsible learners in the fields of Finance and Economics to advance their aspirations in service of their society.
To be the Department of Finance and Economics of choice in the region for aspiring students, professionals, and scholars for its commitment to learning and scholarship.