CoBA Finance Club
Section I – Name, Mission & Vision
This association is known as CoBA (College of Business Administration) Finance Club hereafter "CoBA Finance Club."
To establish and promote CoBA Finance Club as a strong, active and unified student association, as well as being widely recognized as a reputable and prominent student body.
To be an association that engages students to have a voice, fulfill their potential and get the most out of their University experience mainly in the field of Business and Finance.
Section II – Purpose & Goals
The purposes of CoBA Finance Club are as follows,
· To effectively support students pursuing careers in finance.
· To train and educate members in finance and interview preparation.
· Assist in career exploration within finance-related industries and functions.
· To help students in understanding job opportunities available in the financial marketplace.
· To provide a forum to assist students in building interview and networking skills.
· To provide a platform where corporates from the financial sector and academician and students can exchange innovative ideas for the betterment of the society as a whole
· To help students to improve their quantitative and analytical thinking abilities.
· To organize at least two events for the finance students every academic year.
Section III – Membership
Membership is limited to those majoring in finance. It is open to finance major students who have completed at least 30 credit hours and must not be on academic probation (GPA less than 2.0) or facing any kind of disciplinary action. In addition the applicant must have at least two semesters to graduate (i.e. have 30 credit hours or more to finish). Part of membership includes participating in at least one of the many events available each term. The CoBA Finance Club does not discriminate on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, color, religion, gender identity, class, age, marital status, family status, or mental and/or physical ability.
Section VI – Election of Officers
Election of Office
Election of officers will require a secret vote from the general membership. If two candidates tie for a position, a runoff election will be held between the two candidates. If the two candidates still tie, the current president will break the tie. The officer positions include Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer.
The new officers will be elected during Fall Semester of each academic year once the security approval has been obtained by the university and each officer will serve for one academic year that ends by the end of the summer semester of the academic year.
The advisors of the CoBA Finance Club will be announced by the dean of the college each academic year based on the department chair recommendation.
Duties of the officers
- Preside over all meetings
- Lead event organization.
- Represent association on campus
- Maintain communication with association adviser
- Preside over meeting in the absence of the Chair
- Assist in the event organization
- Assist in the preparation of any field trips
- Maintain accurate record of association transactions
- Collect dues
- Preside over the expenditures to assure expenditures to not exceed the current balance
- Assist in the event organization
- Maintain communication and meet with officers regularly
- Oversight of club activities including financial expenditures
- Ensure that the organization is operating in conformity with the standard set forth by University of Sharjah.