Mission of the Sociology Department
- To prepare qualified human and professional recourses that have knowledge, skills, values and self-confidence to be able to work in social policy formulation at the national and regional level.
- To prepare and implement the scientific research related to family problems, social policies, social work and applied sociology at the national and regional level.
- To strengthen the relationship with the community in the Emirate of Sharjah and the UAE society and to participate effectively in the service of the university.
- Studying human societies in a scientifically way.
- Identifying social theories and employing them in understanding social phenomena and solving problems.
- Acquisition of social research methods and skills.
- Developing research capacity in addressing community issues.
- Building good personality and promoting identity and sense of belonging.