The Department Vision is to achieve a scientific and academic reputation at local regional and international levels, and maintain it by focusing on quality in education in order to raise the qualifying level of human resources, and to make them able to compete in the field of social sciences research which aim to solve problem and policy – making in the UAE society and The Gulf and Arab Societies, in addition to the distinction in the University and community service.
- Enabling students to employ advanced sociological theories in the analysis of social phenomena and problems.
- Preparing students to acquire advanced applied research skills.
- Enabling students to prepare and design social policies and prepare strategic plans and programs.
- Training students to work in relevant national or regional and international institutions.
- Preparing and qualifying leaders in comprehensive development, social work and national security with advanced qualifications.
- Preparation of trained and qualified human resources to meet the needs of social, economic and political development
- Developing students' initiatives in various fields of development, social work and criminal justice.