The College of Sciences is a vibrant scientific and educational community that is open and welcoming, creative and adaptable, dynamic, and regionally renowned for excellence in education, research, and community outreach programs for improving the world through its students, discoveries, and outreach.Mission
The College of Sciences is the home of the basic sciences at the University of Sharjah, one of the region's leading universities. Its faculty, staff and students work together to create, share, and apply knowledge in the basic sciences. The mission of the College includes:
- Advancing the frontiers of knowledge in the physical, biological and mathematical sciences.
- Providing access to a rich educational experience that will motivate and enable students, both in the College and from across the University of Sharjah, to seek the highest levels of intellectual achievement and personal growth.
- Sharing our knowledge, discoveries and inventions with the people of the United Arab Emirates, the region, and the world in order to improve appreciation and comprehension of science and to bring the benefits of science to society.
- Providing leadership in the education of underrepresented and disadvantaged groups.
The College of Sciences core goals include enriching lives, improving society and addressing global challenges by producing scientifically-trained leaders and innovators, advancing the frontiers of science, and enhancing public understanding of science. Such goals are reflected through preserving the following core values:
- Intellectual Freedom
- Commitment to the Public Good
- Scientific Method
The College of Sciences works to achieve the following objectives, which are in line with the objectives of the University of Sharjah:
- Lend support to the university's mission and its programs.
- Raise the standards of academic research and link it to teaching and to the needs of the local and regional communities.
- Spread, disseminate and foster research cooperation with local, regional and international institutions.
- Promote and contribute to human development in the local community by organizing conferences, training courses, participating in workshops and providing well-prepared cadres for the Emirates society.
- Foster passion for learning, technical skills, and life-long learning for creativity and analytical thinking.
- Develop communication skills in both English and Arabic to enable students to achieve success in their professions and leadership in their fields, and to be committed to the prosperity and welfare of society.
- Attract and support quality faculty, students, and staff so that the College achieves its strategic goals.