The Department of Public Relations is the second of its kind in the Arab World and the largest academic program in the United Arab Emirates. The department provides a comprehensive academic program seeking to foster understanding of the vital role of public relations in modern societies, and to prepare students for public relations careers in tune with Arab-Islamic values and global professional standards.
In an effort to achieve academic success, the Department continues to modernize our curriculum to meet industry needs and to attract the finest teaching faculty members. The Department of Public Relations serves:
• To support the missions of the College of Communications and the University of Sharjah.
• To provide students with essential knowledge in public relations.
• To provide students with writing skills for public relations.
• To provide students with essential principles to manage public relations’ departments.
• To provide students with technical media skills for public relations.
• To provide students to cope with evolving global trends in public relations.
• To combine theoretical knowledge with field practices.