Welcome to the Department of Public Relations at the College of Communication, University of Sharjah. The Department of Public Relations at the University of Sharjah was established in 2007 in response to the growing industry needs for qualified graduates who have the ability to think strategically as part of a management team in the workplace.
At the Department, studies of Public Relationships focus on societal, contemporary and public issues, including social responsibility of organizations, image building and reputation management. The Department is committed to providing an outstanding educational experience to students and to provide them with the knowledge and strategic skills essential to ensure their competitiveness in the marketplace. We believe in providing educational and academic environment where students and faculty members share knowledge, experience and advising in the field of public relations.
The Department of Public Relations is the second of its kind in the Arab World and the largest academic program in the United Arab Emirates. The Department provides a comprehensive academic program which aims to foster understanding of the vital role of public relations in modern societies, and to prepare students for public relations careers in tune with Arab-Islamic values and global professional standards.
To achieve academic success, the Department continues to update our curriculum to meet industry needs and to attract the finest teaching faculty members. The Department of Public Relations serves to:
- Support the missions of the College of Communications and the University of Sharjah.
- Provide students with essential knowledge in public relations.
- Acquire students with writing skills for public relations.
- Enable students to master essential principles to manage public relations' departments.
- Provide students with technical media skills for public relations.
- Enable students to cope with evolving global trends in public relations.
- Combine theoretical knowledge with field practices.
Dr. Kharat Ayyad
Chair of Public Relation Department