The creation of the College is meant to fulfill the vision of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah, and President of the University of Sharjah, to offer emerging and state of the art programs at the University of Sharjah to serve the UAE national agenda, which stress on cybersecurity, data science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, smart cities and systems, biomedical and health informatics, computing and IT applications in all areas of national, social and scientific development, including the knowledge economy, health care, the environment and many other areas.
Computing and Informatics are critical these days for any nation to succeed in the era of the digital economy. The strength of the College is its programs, resources, and people.
The college has now three Departments: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Systems.
The College also offers graduate programs that include: MSc in Computer Engineering, MSc in Computer Science, and MSc in Business Information Systems. The College has a Ph.D. program in Electrical and Computer Engineering that is offered jointly with the College of Engineering. Another Ph.D. program in Computer Science is being established.
New programs that are in the planning stage include: M.Sc. Biomedical and Health Informatics, M.Sc. in Cybersecurity, M.Sc. in Data Science, B.Sc. in Cyber Security Engineering, B.Sc. in Data Science and B.Sc. in e-Commerce.
To be a leading college of computing and informatics in education, research, and community service.
1. Educate and train future IT talent for national and international communities.
2. Expand to embrace emerging fields in computing and informatics.
3. Develop a strong culture of research and innovation.
4. Engage communities through scholarship, service and economic development.
The CCI is committed to:
1. Improve the student-learning experience.
2. Foster excellence in teaching and learning.
3. Encourage impactful research competences.
4. Engage the community through scholarship and service.
5. Foster a culture of collaboration and productivity.
The CCI is committed for the same core values of the University. The University of Sharjah are united by six core values that underpin our daily actions as students, staff, faculty, administrators and alumni. They are as follows:
- Integrity and Ethics: Ethical standards at the University of Sharjah are founded on ethical and civic responsibility in accordance with progressive Arab and Islamic ideals.
- Dedication: Dedication to providing students with knowledge and support, so they are fully prepared to be the leaders of the future.
- Inclusiveness: We welcome and value each other and embrace the diversity of ideas and people.
- Excellence with limitless Drive: For quality enhancement and continuance improvement.
- Accountability and Transparency: We pride ourselves on our responsibility, and transparency in our actions, providing a fair and positive work environment.
- Innovation and Creativity: We work without bounds to improve lives through creativity and innovation in the pursuit of academic excellence.