University of Sharjah Vision & Mission
University of Sharjah Vision
The University of Sharjah aspires to be among the leading universities in the Arab World and in its region, renowned and recognized around the globe for offering comprehensive academic and professional programs of the highest quality, for its distinctive style of learning that engages and prepares students for leadership roles in the society, and for being a major international center of study and research in the quest to improve human life.
University of Sharjah Mission
The University of Sharjah is committed to providing its students with an education and learning experience of the highest quality; offering a comprehensive platform of academic and professional programs; promoting the personal, social, academic, and career growth of all students; adding to human knowledge; contributing to the cultural, social and economic progress of society; preserving fostering and promoting the Arab and Islamic culture, heritage and history; and contributing to the advancement of learning and to the development of human resources in the Emirate of the Sharjah and the UAE.
University of Sharjah Goals
The goals and objectives of the University of Sharjah include:
1. Providing its students with an education and learning experience of the highest quality in several disciplines and fields, including the humanities and liberal arts, culture and social sciences, engineering and basic science, fine arts, communication, and medical and health sciences,
2. Promoting the personal, social, academic and career growth of all students in a proactive manner to prepare and qualify them to be leaders in their chosen careers and professions,
3. Adding to human knowledge through discovery and scientific research in full cooperation and collaboration with leading academic and research institutions around the globe,
4. Contributing to the cultural, social and economic progress of society through social responsiveness and effective engagement and collaborations with public and private organizations and institutions,
5. Preserving, fostering and promoting the Arab and Islamic culture, heritage and history through strengthening and fostering its educational programs and scholarly research in these fields and maintaining strong links and connections in these disciplines among academic and cultural institutions in the Arab World and all Islamic countries,
6. Enhancing the quality and reputation of higher education in the country through cooperation with other institutions of higher learning to promote quality standards and the adoption of best practices in learning and teaching, and
7. Contributing to the advancement of learning and to the development of human resources in the Emirate of Sharjah and the UAE through linking academic and professional programs to the future needs of the job market and by providing continuous educational and training programs to update and upgrade the knowledge, professional qualifications, and skills of people in the workforce.