In an effort to promote the University of Sharjah
and to enhance its stature, both short and long term strategic objectives of scientific research publications are developed by adopting a rigorous and well-establish policies for peer evaluation of the authorized textbooks and reference books and further developing the scientific journals of the University within the framework of outstanding publishing. From this standpoint the University of Sharjah Journal aims at contributing to the development, enrichment and dissemination of knowledge through publishing original scientific research and scientific critical reviews articles in the fields of the journal-related subjects. Accordingly the University is currently issuing the following peer evaluations scientific publications:
1-A refereed scientific journal is issued in two series:
- University of Sharjah Journal for Social Sciences & Humanities.
- University of Sharjah Journal for Shari'a & Law, Sciences
2-Referees authored books including: Text Book , Reference Book and Knowledge Book
3-Publishing Scientific reports
4-Publishing referees Conference and Symposia Proceedings
Each of these have their own process and developing policies for setting the rules and regulations towards establishing well and fair mechanism procedure for peer evaluation of these research scientific publications. Find below the outlines implementation of the procedure used for peer evaluation of the main two scientific and research publications:
A) The authors book publications [Text Book , Reference Book and Knowledge Book ]
The first step: The academic department concern reviews the application submitted by the faculty member of the university and ensures that all requirements for funding authored book are met, including mainly the following:
- The scientific, literary or artistic value of the book.
- The book manuscript is in the area of specialization of the faculty member.
- The faculty member must be a holder of a Ph.D. and must be a full-time employee at the time of application for funding the publishing of his/her book.
- The content of the manuscript must be consistent with the terminology and course description in the study plan of the college in case it is a textbook.
The second step is the action taken by the scientific publishing unit once its receiving the application. This is including start the process of well-establish procedure dealing with publishing requirements which mainly include the following:
B) Sharjah University scientific journals
Each of the two Specialized Scientific Journals is supervised by Editorial Board which are composed of General Supervisor [The Chancellor] , Editor-in-chief [ Acting Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies] , Managing Editor , Editorial Secretary and five distinguished faculty members representing the concerned specializations in each journal .
The Editorial Board is charged with the following tasks and powers:
- Developing policies and rules for publication of the journal.
- Making decisions for acceptance or rejection of publishing research in the Journal based upon referees' recommendations.
- Ensuring that research published in the Journal is of the highest scientific quality.
- Following-up the refereeing of incoming research for publishing and objectivity of refereeing.