Drug Discovery Lab, building M-32, Univeristy of Sharjah, PO Box:27272, Sharjah, UAE
Asma Salah Eldin Doudin
Mobile: +971 (0) 506001511- Ext:7657
2012-2014 Masters in Molecular Medicine & Translational Research
College of Medicine, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Academic Standing: Excellent (top candidate)
2009-2011BSc. In Applied Biology/Biotechnology
College of Science, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Academic Standing: Excellent/Chancellor Honors List (top candidate)
June 2014-October 2015
Research assistant/Lab Technician in Sharjah Institute for Medical Research (SIMR), University of Sharjah- Iron Biology Group/ Drug Discovery and Design Group. Involved in the following research projects:
- Molecular interactions that influence HIF1-α & TGFβ signaling pathways in T cells leading to phenotypic variance affecting T cell functionality.
- Understanding the regulatory mechanisms and the signaling cascades involved in iron homeostasis (both systemic and intracellular) and investigating how estrogen influences these processes.
- Assessing the ability of estrogen to deplete intracellular iron and the therapeutic potential of estrogen as an iron depleting agent in iron-loaded cancers.
- Investigating the mechanism behind disturbed iron homeostasis in macrophages and assessing the role of hypoxia and TGF-beta in these processes.
- The role of epigenetic modifiers in regulating T cell and dendritic cells functionality.
- Cell cycle Analysis and Cytotoxicity Assays for novel compunds.
- Studying the antitumor effects of OSU-2S and its derivatives, a nonimmunosuppressive analogue of FTY720 in hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Responsible for imaging platform section pertaining to Flow cytometry/ FACS Aria III and BD Accuri C6.
- Responsible for inventory management, general lab organization and teaching lab skills to students and technicians.
- Training Medical and allied health undergraduate students advanced laboratory procedures such as tissue culture, flow cytometry, western blotting and real time-PCR.
Jun 2014 – Aug 2014
Research assistant in Sharjah Institute for Medical Research (SIMR), University of Sharjah.
- Taught medical students (years 1-3) basic lab experimental procedures.
- Worked on the molecular interactions that influence HIF1-α & TGFβ signaling pathways in T cells leading to phenotypic variance affecting T cell functionality
Oct 2012 – Dec 2013
Teaching Assistant in General biology lab I and II- College of Medicine, University of Sharjah. Taught 3 sections weekly of general biology lab and led small group discussion sections for reviews.
- Involved in the administration and conduction of practical exams.
- Conducted regular office hours and allied administrative tasks in addition to evaluation and grading of students.
- Conducted student advisory and delivered support to students on a personal level.
Research Assistant, University of Sharjah, College of Science, Applied Biology Biotechnology, United Arab Emirates."Screening for new mutations in GJB2 gene in individuals with nonsyndromic hearing loss in UAE".
Field Training in Sharjah Forensic Labs, UAE