Currently the group is running an interdisciplinary research that aims to promote health and wellbeing of adolescents. the current project's name is "Health Profile of Adolescents Attending Schools in the United Arab Emirates."
The groups aspires to achieve the following in the future:
- Tailor interventions to improve health outcomes of adolescents based on results of the first phase of the project and evaluate those interventions.
- Expand areas of research to assess health and well being of other groups of the community such as women, young adults and elders.
- Tackle most common community health problems like smoking and obesity
- Seek international collaboration in the area of health promotion.
- Disseminate research findings through publications in peer reviewed journals and research presentations in different scientific events.