Dr. Chaouki Ghenai:
1. C. Ghenai, T. Slameh, and I. Janjreh, Numerical Modeling of Biomass and Solid Waste-Based Syngas Fuels Combustion, International Journal of Thermal and Environmental Engineering, Volume 11, No 1, pp. 117-123,2016.
2. C. Ghenai and I. Janajreh, Combustion of Renewable Biogas Fuels, Journal of Energy and Power Engineering, Vol. 9, pp. 831-843, 2015.
3. C. Ghenai, Combustion and Emissions Performance of Syngas Fuels Derived from Palm Kernel Shell and Polyethylene (PE) Waste via Catalytic Steam Gasification, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Mechatronic and Manufacturing Engineering, 9(6), 1001 – 1007, 2015.
4. A. Hachicha, C. Ghenai, and A. K. Hamid, Enhancing the Performance of a Photovoltaic Module Using Different Cooling Methods, International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological and Geophysical Engineering Vol:9, No:9, 2015.
5. K. Thakar, C. Ghenai and A. Hachicha, Integrated Modeling Approach for Energy Planning and Climate Change Mitigation Assessment in the State of Florida, International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological and Geophysical Engineering Vol:9, No:9, 2015.
6. Idowu Adeyemi, Isam Janajreh, Thomas Arink , and Chaouki Ghenai, Parametrical Study of Entrained Flow Gasification of Kentucky Coal and Construction Wood Waste, Applied Energy, Under review 2015
7. T. Slameh, A. Hai Alami, and C. Ghenai, Numerical Investigation of two-phase flow over an inclined plate with wire screen, Journal of Fluid Engineering, Under review 2015.
8. C. Ghenai, Energy-Water-Carbon interconnection: challenges and sustainable solution methods and strategies, International Journal of Thermal & Environmental Engineering Volume 7, Issue No. 2, pp. 57-64, 2014.
9. S.S. Razan, I. Janajrah, and C. Ghenai, Sustainable index approach as a section criteria for energy storage system of intermittent renewable energy source, Applied Energy, 136, pp 909-920, 2014.
1. C. Ghenai and T. Salameh, Modeling water consumption for thermal power plants, 13th International Conference of the Arab Academy of Sciences, Amman, Jordan, December 5-6, 2015
2. C. Ghenai, Flame Visualization in Trapped Vortex Combustor using Conventional and Renewable/Alternative Fuels, 13th International Conference on Fluid Control Measurements and Visualization, Doha, Qatar, November 15-18, 2015
3. C. Ghenai, Combustion and Emissions Performance of Syngas Fuels Derived from Palm Kernel Shell and Polyethylene (PE) Waste via Catalytic Steam Gasification, Paper # WW3124, International Conference on Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering, Dubai, June 18-19, 2015.
4. C. Ghenai and I. Janajreh, Combustion of Biomass and Waste-Based Syngas Fuels, International Conference on Industrial Waste & Wastewater Treatment & Valorization, Athens, Greece, 21-23 May, 2015.
5. C. Ghenai and I. Janajreh, Comparison of Energy Storage Options and Determination of Suitable Technique for Solar Power Systems, Third Southern African Solar Energy Conference, Kruger National Park, South Africa, 11 – 13 May 2015
6. I. Janajreh, and C. Ghenai, Hydrogen production from coal gasification using solar energy: thermodynamic equilibrium modeling and exergy analysis, Third Southern African Solar Energy Conference, Kruger National Park, South Africa, 11 – 13 May 2015
7. C. Ghenai, Energy, Water, Carbon Nexus and Statistical Data for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries, 3rd International Conference on Water, Energy and Environment, American University of Sharjah, March 24-26, 2015.
8. C. Ghenai and T. Salameh, Incorporation of academic service learning in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) courses, Seventh International Forum on Engineering Education, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, March 17-19, 2015.
9. T. Salameh and C. Ghenai, Technology Enhanced Learning for the Sustainable and Renewable Engineering Department at the University of Seventh International Forum on Engineering Education, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates, March 17-19, 2015.
 C. Ghenai, M. Madani, and I. Janajreh, New correlation for the average Nusselt number in squealer in turbine blade, 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanic and Thermodynamics, Orlando, Florida, 14-16 July, 2014.
 F. Obaid, I. Janajreh, and C. Ghenai, Numerical Modeling of Demister in Multi Stage Flash (MSF) Desalination, 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanic and Thermodynamics, Orlando, Florida, 14-16 July, 2014.
 I. Janajreh, and C. Ghenai, Numerical Simulation of Internal Channel Cooling by Jet Impingement, 10th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanic and Thermodynamics, pp. 1012-1019, Orlando, Florida, 14-16 July, 2014.
 I. Janajreh, M. Almusharekh, and C. Ghenai, Transesterification process of waste cooking oil: catalyst synthesis, kinetic study, and modeling sensitivity, 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Solid Waste Management, Athens, June 12-14, 2014.
Prof. Maamar Bettayeb
 A-K. Hamid, "Series Solution to the Radiation from Slotted Antenna on Elliptic Cylinder Coated by Biaxial Anisotropic Material", Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, vol. 30, 2015. In press  A-K. Hamid and F. Cooray, "Scattering of a Plane Wave by a Homogeneous Anisotropic Elliptic Cylinder", IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, 8, pp. 3579 – 3587, 2015.  A-K. Hamid, "Scattering from an Arbitrarily Incident Plane Wave by a PEMC Elliptic Cylinder Confocally Coated with a Chiral Material", Applied Computational Electromagnetics Society Journal, vol. 30, 5, pp. 503-509, 2015.  Ahmed Hachicha, Chaouki Ghenai and A-K. Hamid, "Enhancing the Performance of a Photovoltaic Module Using Different Cooling Methods", International Journal of Environmental, Chemical, Ecological, Geological, and Geophysical Engineering, Vol. 9, no.9, pp. 999-1002, 2015.
 A-K. Hamid, "Elliptic Slotted Antenna With Anisotropic Plasma dielectric Coating", International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, vol. 4, no.2, pp. 1-4, 2015.
 A-K. Hamid and F. Cooray, "Scattering from a Chirally Coated DB Elliptic Cylinder", International Journal of Electronics and Communications, AEUE, vol. 68, pp. 1106-1111, 2014.  A-K. Hamid, "Scattering by a Nihility Elliptic Cylinder with Dielectric Coating and Under Line Source Illumination", International Journal of Engineering Sciences, Vol. 3, No 11, pp. 109-113 2014.  Amna A. Alzaabi, Nadine K. Badawiyeha, Hind O. Hantousha and A-K. Hamid, "Electrical/Thermal Performance of Hybrid PV/T System in Sharjah, UAE ", International Journal of Smart Grid and Clean Energy, vol3, no. 4, pp. 385-389, 2014.
 A-K. Hamid, "Scattering by a PEMC elliptic cylinder loaded with a chiral material", 2nd International conference on communications, signal processing, and their applications (ICCSP15), American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE, Feb. 17-19, 2015.  A-K. Hamid, "Axially Slotted Antenna on Elliptic Cylinder Coated With Biaxial Anisotropic Material," 9th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP 2015), Lisbon, Portugal, April 12-17, 2015.  Amna A. Alzaabi, Nadine K. Badawiyeha, Hind O. Hantousha and A-K. Hamid, "Performance of Hybrid Photovoltaic/Thermal System in Sharjah, UAE", 7th International Forum on Engineering Education (IFEE2015) Jointly with 3rd Towards Sustainable Development (3rd TSD2015) Conference, 17-19 March 2015, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
 Hamed Allaham, A-K. Hamid and Ali Cheaitou, "Technical and Economical Analysis of Photovoltaic System Applied to a UAE Data Centre," 7th International Forum on Engineering Education (IFEE2015) Jointly with 3rd Towards Sustainable Development (3rd TSD2015) Conference, 17-19 March 2015, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
Dr. Abdul Hai al-Alami
 A.H. Alami, Anis Allagui, and Hussain Alawadhi, Synthesis and optical properties of electrodeposited crystalline Cu2O in the Vis-NIR range for solar selective absorbers, Renewable Energy 82 (2015) 21-25.
Dr. Tareq Salameh
Dr. Ahmed Hachicha
-A.A. Hachicha. Fluid-structure interactions around a parabolic trough solar collector using Large Eddy Simulations. Journal of Energy and Power Engineering 2016; 1 (accepted).
-A.A. Hachicha Numerical simulation of a parabolic trough solar collector for hot water and steam generation. In SolarPACES conference, Cape Town 2015.
-A.A. Hachicha. Fluid-structure interactions around a parabolic trough solar collector using Large Eddy Simulations. In Flucome conference, Doha 2015.
-A.A. Hachicha, C.Ghenai A-K Hamid, Enhancing the Performance of a Photovoltaic Module Using Different Cooling Methods. International Science Index, Energy and Power Engineering Vol:9, No:9, 2015 waset.org/Publication/10002519.
- K. Thakkar, C. Ghenai, A.A. Hachicha. Integrated modeling approach for energy planning and climate change mitigation assesmnet in the state of Florida. International Science Index, Energy and Power Engineering Vol:9, No:9, 2015 waset.org/Publication/10002680.
- A.A. Hachicha, I. Rodríguez and A.Oliva. Wind speed effect on the flow field and heat transfer around a parabolic trough solar collector. Applied Energy 2014; 130, pp 200-211.
- A.A. Hachicha, I. Rodríguez, O. Lehmkuhl and A. Oliva. On the CFD&HT of the flow around a parabolic trough solar collector under real working conditions. Energy Procedia 2014; 49, pp 1397-1390.
Dr. Shek Rahman
1. S.M.A.Rahman, R. Saidur A Novel Atmospheric Freeze Dryer Using Simultaneious Application of Subzero and Hot Air Streams Using a Vortex Chiller. Drying Technology, 2015 ( Accepted).
2. Atiqur Rahman SM, Enamul Hoque M, Rahman S and Hasanuzzaman M, Osmotic Dehydration of Pumpkin Using Response Surface Methodology - Influences of Operating Conditions on Water Loss and Solute Gain, Bioprocessing & Biotechniques, 5 (5), 1-5, 2015
Dr. Chaouki Ghenai is an Assistant Professor at the Sustainable and Renewable Energy Department, College of Engineering at the University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE. Dr. Ghenai earned his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Orleans (France) University in 1995. After his Ph.D., He worked as a research associate at Cornell University, and University of California Los Angeles. In 2001, He joined the Applied Research Center (ARC) at Florida International University (FIU) in Miami as a Combustion Manager. He set up the Advanced Combustion Laboratory and Supersonic Wind Tunnel Test Facility and managed the combustion and thermal fluids projects. In 2007, He joined the Ocean and Mechanical Engineering Department at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida. Dr. Ghenai was leading the Combustion, Alternative fuels, and Renewable Energy Research Programs at FAU. Dr. Ghenai has been involved in various energy, renewable energy, and combustion and thermal-fluids research projects. Dr. Ghenai has published more than 100 papers in professional journals and proceedings. Dr. Ghenai is an Honorary Fellow of the Australian Institute of High Energetic Materials. He is a reviewer for the ASME Journal, Combustion and Flame, Combustion Theory and Modeling, Combustion Science and Technology and Experiments in Fluids Journals. His research interests are renewable energy, energy efficiency, combustion, biofuels, alternative fuels, clean combustion technologies, waste to energy (pyrolysis, gasification), sustainability, eco design, energy planning and climate change mitigation assessment, energy-water nexus thermal-fluids, microfluidics, laser diagnostics, computational fluid dynamics, and air pollution.
Professor Maamar Bettayeb received the B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from University of Southern California, Los Angeles, in 1976, 1978 and 1981, respectively. He worked as a Research Scientist at the Bellaire Research Center at Shell Oil Development Company, Houston, Texas, USA., in the development of seismic signal processing deconvolution algorithms for the purpose of Gas and Oil exploration during 1981/1982. From 1982 to 1988, He directed the Instrumentation and Control Laboratory of High Commission for Research in Algeria, where He led various research and development projects in the field of modeling, simulation, and control design of large scale energy systems, specifically, model reduction, identification and control of computer-controlled systems with applications to nuclear, solar and electric power systems. In 1988, He joined the Electrical Engineering Department at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. He has been Professor at University of Sharjah UAE since August 2000. He also held the position of Advisor to the Chancellor for Graduate Studies and Scientific research for the Years 2004/2006 and Director of Research and Studies Center for the Year 2005/2006 at University of Sharjah. He is presently the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Studies at University of Sharjah. He was the Conference Chair of ISSPA 2007, has been the program committee chair/co-chair for several conferences. He was Associate Editor of the International Journal of Modeling, Identification and Control. He is the leader of intelligent systems research group at University of Sharjah. He also led the development of the Strategic Planning for Research at University of Sharjah. He has published over 300 journal and conference papers in the fields of control and signal processing. He has also supervised over 50 M. Sc. and Ph. D. students. Professor Bettayeb was External Examiner for Electrical Engineering Programs at the University of Malay, Malaysia, for the years 2001-2004. He also held a Visiting Professor position at Helsinki University of Technology, Finland, for the years 2001-2003, where he delivered graduate short courses, research seminars, workshops and participated in Ph.D. examinations. Throughout his career, Professor Bettayeb received ample recognition for his work in the form of awards and honors, such as the Best Distinguished Research Award in 1993-94 and 1998-99, and the Outstanding Advisor Award in 1996-97 at KFUPM. He also received the Best Researcher Award at University of Sharjah in 2001-2002, 2006-2007, 2007-2008 and 2010-2011, the Best Research Paper Bank of Sharjah Award in 2003-2004, the Best Research Project Award in 2006-2007, supervisor for the Best Student Paper Award, supervisor for the Best Student Project Award in 2006-2007, supervisor for the Best Master Thesis Award in 2009-2010 as well as the Best Teaching Award at University of Sharjah in 2011-2012. He has been consulting for the Petrochemical Industries and has also been involved in various R&D funded projects in the areas of control and signal processing applications. His recent research interest is in H∞ optimal control, rational approximation, signal and image processing, process control, networked control systems, fractional dynamics and control, nonlinear estimation and filtering, soft computing, wavelets, renewable energies and engineering education.
Abdallah Shanableh is a Professor of Environmental Engineering in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Director of the Research Institute of Sciences and Engineering at the University of Sharjah, United. He received his BSc (1986) in Civil Engineering from the University of Jordan, Jordan, and his MSc (1988) and PhD (1990) from the University of Texas at Austin, USA. He served in a number of professional, academic and administration positions in the USA, Jordan, Australia, Japan and the UAE. He won a number of teaching, research and community and professional service awards. He is the founder and general chair of the international forum on Engineering Education (IFEE) and Towards Sustainable development International Conference (TSDIC). His research interests include: water and wastewater treatment, waste management, recovery of energy and material resources from wastes, and engineering education.