The Autonomous Robotics and Active Vision Research Group is committed to be a leading research group in the University of Sharjah that pioneers innovative knowledge and highly sophisticated technological solutions to achieve the aspiration of society by involving students and scientists in the research and development of next generation active vision algorithms coupled with realistic bio-mimetic kinematics paradigms and articulated physics-based mechanics for the implementation and integration of autonomous robots for the purpose of interacting naturally with people and with each other by adapting their behavior to the requirements of the task they are given within the dynamic environment they are situated in.
To fulfill its mission, the ARAV research group has these objectives:
- To become a leading group at the University of Sharjah for research and development in the area of active-vision based autonomous robotics.
- To provide advanced scientific support to the newly emerging UAE robotics industry.
- To work jointly with industries to develop environmental friendly autonomous robotics products.
- To empower the society by providing technological solutions that will help make autonomous robotics a part of everyday life.
- To involve students and scientists in the research and development of next generation active vision algorithms and paradigms, and the implementation and integration of these paradigms into autonomous robots.