Improving the quality of life by conducting rigorous research in areas of humanities and social sciences and disseminating its findings to the society .
Through its vision, RIHSS focuses on producing high quality and distinguished research at national and international levels.
The Research Institute for Humanities & Social Sciences was established in September 2014. It's main focus in its mission to activate and encourage research at UOS. RIHSS provides faculty members and students from the colleges of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences, Law, Sharia and Islamic Studies, Business, Communication, and Fine Arts & Design with all possible resources needed to conduct research and studies, achieve patented innovations that benefit the community, and to disseminate knowledge through workshops, seminars and conferences.
Through its vision, RIHSS focuses on producing research of high levels of excellence and continued improvements in innovations and patents at national and international levels.
RIHSS seeks to achieve the following objectives:
1. Create research plans and programs harmonized with the University mission and goals.
2. Provide annual research plans in light of the proposals submitted by various colleges and departments affiliated with RIHSS.
3. Direct the research output towards specific strength areas.
4. Hold training workshops, seminars and lectures aiming at the development and achievement of UOS research and community service objectives.
5. Conduct research of high quality at national and international levels with potential to address community issues and provide solutions.
6. Encourage and increase interdisciplinary research among faculty members in their respective areas through inter-departmental and inter-college cooperation.
7. Encourage and supporting applied research related to the development and service of the UAE society.
8. Establish and maintain the institute is relationship with civil society organizations within UAE to attract financial support for UOS researchers, and sign research agreements with national and international institutions.
9. Provide financial support for individual faculty members and research groups to conduct research, or establish research centers within the institute in order to ensure research productivity of high levels.
10. Support faculty participation in conferences at local, regional and international levels.
11. Establish special graduate programs aiming to qualify researchers to conduct research projects that promote growth in all areas, and keep abreast of scientific and technological developments.
12. Provide consultation in research and statistics for faculty members and students as well as community research institutions.
13. Support the students in general and graduate students (Ph. D and Master's) in particular to publish research in collaboration with faculty in reputable journals.