Workshop On Improving In-Class Communication
The workshop emphasizes the importance of communication during the learning process. It foucses on improving the communication between instructor and students and how to minimize barriers to communication. The workshop highlights important element of communication in teaching and the role of teaching aids in improving instructor-student communication.
Dr. Khaled Gaweesh
Assistant Dean, College of Communication, University of Sharjah.
January, 8-9, 2018, From 12:00 noon - 4:00 p.m.
January, 10, 2018 From 01:00 p.m. - 05:00 p.m.
Institute of Leadership in Higher Education (ILHE), M25 - Ground Floor Room 013, Medical campus.
- Understanding communication and its importance for faculty & students.
- Situational variables to be considered in communication with the students.
- Oral communication & presentation skills for both faculty & students.
- Written communication through communication technologies.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Assessment of students' communication skills.
Number of hours : 12 hours
At the end of this workshop, the participant is expected be able to:
- Use effective communication skills inside and outside the classroom.
- Communicate effectively through situational variables in the educational environment.
- Improve and assess his/her students' communication skills.
- Class discussions
- Small work group
- Trainees' satisfaction questionnaire
- Facilitator's comments.
Click here to View Handouts