Future Faculty & Staff
Life on Campus
At a Glance
Office of the President
Office of the Chancellor
Board of Trustees
Fees and Scholarships
Degrees & Programs
Deanship for Academic Support Services
Office of VC. for Research and Graduate Studies
College of Graduate Studies
Research Institute of Medical & Health Sciences
Research Institute of Sciences & Engineering
Institute of Humanities & Social Science
Institute of Leadership in Higher Education
Research Funding Department
Scientific Publishing Unit
Research Groups and Centers
Athletics & Fitness
Student Clubs and Societies
20 Years of Knowledge
Students Clubs Exhibition
Sustainability in Operations and Maintenance Management: Challenges and Opportunities
Pleasure of Learning for People with Disabilities Symposium
The 1st Scientific Forum entitled (Our Arab-Islamic Scientific Heritage in the Service of Humanity)
2nd Sharjah International Conference on Islamic Economy
Pharmacy student's counseling competition 2017
The launch of the ideas and innovation Box
Art History and Museum Studies Program
Sharjah 1st International Conference for Persons with Disabilities
Professional Diploma in Teaching
UOS Journal for Humanities and Social Sciences
UOS Journal for Humanities and Social Sciences
All articles submitted for publication are subjected to peer refereeing. Final acceptance is subject to authors making all appropriate modifications suggested by the referees. Sole responsibility for contents rests with the authors, not the editors or the Journal. The Editorial Board conducts initial review for all the coming articles in order to decide whether they abide by the publishing rules; hence are eligible for refereeing. The Editorial Board retains the right of refusing an article without disclosing the reasons.
1. The Journal publishes original articles written either in Arabic or English languages in the fields of Humanities and Social Sciences.
2. Manuscripts should not have been published before or considered for publication elsewhere. A written statement to that effect should be submitted along with the manuscript.
3. Submitted manuscripts should not be parts of published books.
4. Accepted manuscripts or parts of them cannot be published elsewhere without written permission from the Editor-in-Chief.
5. Authors must agree to transfer copyright to the publisher. If the Journal wishes to reprint the article, prior permission must be obtained from the authors.
6. Authors must disclose sources of funding.
7. Manuscripts received by the Journal cannot be returned whether published or not.
1. Publishing is exclusive to following types of research:
Field Research (Applied Research )
: The researcher should include an introduction indicating the subject of the research and the need for it, identify the research method, and the method of data analysis, present and discuss the conclusions and recommendations, and finally the bibliography.
Quality Research (Analytical Research )
: The researcher provides an introduction reviewing the research problem and questions. The introduction should reveal the importance of the research and its value to science and knowledge. The body of the research paper is divided into successive and related parts with some degree of independence. Each part shows a certain topic within the context of the whole subject. Such topic should have relation to the previous one and prepare the reader for the next. The research is concluded with a comprehensive summary and guidelines. The bibliography comes at the end.
2. Manuscripts should not exceed 30 pages of A4 size.
3. Manuscripts must have the following sections: a one-page abstract in Arabic and English (about 150 words each); keywords; introduction; main body divided into the appropriate sections and sub-sections; conclusions; brief biographies of authors; and a list of references.
4. Authors' full names and current affiliations must be given immediately below the title of the article.
5. Manuscripts should be typed, double spaced, in Times New Roman, 14 points font for the main text. Only one side of the sheet should be used and line spacing should be double.
6. The policy of the journal requires, as much as possible, that a research article be composed of the following parts (regarding the field or empirical research):
Introduction: This includes the theoretical framework of the research and related studies. Don't make an independent title for previous studies.
The study's problem, objectives, and questions or hypotheses.
Significance of the study
Limitations of the study (if any)
Definitions of variables
Study procedures which include:
The study population and sample
Instruments validity and reliability
The findings of the study
Discussion of the findings
Conclusions and recommendations
7. Figures, graphs, and illustrations should be included in the text and should be in black and white. They should also be consecutively numbered and given titles and explanations beneath them.
8. Tables should be included within the text and consecutively numbered and given titles above them. Explanatory notes are written down beneath the tables.
9. Margins should be 1.5 cm in width on all sides of the page.
10. Notes should be placed at the end of each page when necessary only.
11. The Journal does not publish research instruments. However, they should be included within the presented transcript in order that the referees may review them. These should not be included in the research article when it is presented for final acceptance and printing.
12. Citation in the text should be based to APA style, cite all references used either at the beginning of a sentence or at the end of the sentence according to the last name of author/authors and year of publication, as shown below:
At the beginning of the sentence: According to Jackson and Smith (2005)………….
At the end of the sentence: …………. (Smith, 2004).
Page numbers are mentioned in the main text only in case of quotation. Footnotes may be used only when it is necessary and can be numbered or bulleted with an asterisk.
13. Citation in “References list” should be listed alphabetically according to the author’s/authors’ last name/s (in accordance with APA style) as shown in the examples bellow:
Books: Arnheim, R. (1971). Art and visual perception (3rd ed.). Berkeley: University of California Press.
Article in journal: Sawyer, J. (1966). Measurement and prediction, clinical and statistical concepts. Psychological Bulletin, 66 (3), 178-200.
Chapter in a book: Rubenstein, J.P. (1967). The effect of television violence on small children. In B.F. Kane (Ed.), Television and juvenile psychological development (pp. 112-134). New York: American Psychological Society.
Paper in Conference: Deci, E.L., & Ryan, R.M. (1991). A motivational approach to self: Integration in personality. In Nebraska Symposium on Motivation: Perspectives on motivation (pp. 237-288). Lincoln: University of Nebraska Press.
Thesis or Dissertation: Ali, Yousef. (1992). Anxiety and Marihuana smoking behavior among college students. Unpublished Master Thesis, University of Southern Texas.
Authors are required to submit the following:
Three copies of the manuscript prepared according to the manuscript preparation guidelines.
An electronic copy of the manuscript on Microsoft Word for Windows.
The author's CV, including his/her full name in Arabic and English, current address, rank, and the most important publications.
A submission cover letter.
Publishing undertaking statement.
Kindly send a copy of your manuscript, to our e-mail:
Or by mail to:
University of Sharjah - Journal for Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Graduate Studies and Research
University of Sharjah
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah
United Arab Emirates