The 4th International Forum on Innovation and Entrepreneurship is a pioneering initiative organized by the College of Business Administration at the University of Sharjah, under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, and in cooperation with the Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The Forum is in line with the UAE Government's approach to adopting innovation in education and business, which is also in line with the UAE Innovation Month.
The Forum, which will be held during the Innovation Week in the Emirate of Sharjah, represents an ideal platform for students to learn about the best innovative practices, and to use these practices in their education and in their careers. The Forum is also an opportunity to review practical experience in the field of entrepreneurship, and to instill a culture of innovation in the minds of students.
The Forum is an ideal platform for instilling innovation in the minds of students as a way of life that leads to professional success, and a beacon that nourishes their ideas and abilities and helps them to creatively excel before they enter the labor market and face its challenges. The Forum will also contribute to discussing the best global practices adopted in the fields of academic and professional innovation, and informing students on entrepreneurship and its importance as a career path that can be an alternative to traditional jobs. The forum is also open for the public.
The activities of the 4th edition of the Forum include five basic pillars:
- Host prominent international guest speaker in the field of innovation.
- Host prominent speakers from the UAE community.
- Organize five workshops with entrepreneurs and specialists to talk about innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Organize an Innovation Exhibition.
- Launch a competition that promotes innovative thinking among students, and rewards them for their innovations that benefit the community that they live in, and the environment that surrounds them.