TITLE: STATISTICS and RESEARCH
Statistics is a major part in educational research. Research starts with idea which can be formulated as research question and then transformed to a hypothesis. Statistics is the tool needed to assess the hypothesis. This workshop focuses on the basic element of data analysis and highlights the importance of planning stage in research. It gives a simple guidance in the process of data analysis and how to translate the research question into statistical hypothesis which it can be easily tested.
- Steps in conducting research
- Keys of success in data analysis
- Descriptive statistics
- Inference statistics
- Plan for your study (sample size calculation)
- Selecting the most appropriate statistical procedure
Who should attend the workshop:
- Researchers who are interested in understanding data analysis techniques.
- Postgraduate students who seek mastering the data analysis of their thesis.
- To provide the attendees with the basic elements of the data analysis.
- To provide the attendees with the statistical skills to select the most appropriate statistical procedure to analyze their data
- The provide the attendees with major elements of sample size calculation and its importance in planning for research
You've built your statistical knowledge and skills, use it and analyze your data. Congratulations!