“Challenges in teaching and
learning basic sciences in the 21st century”
College of Sciences, University of
Sharjah 5-6 February, 2014
will be held during the Sharjah Science Festival, which is held under
the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Mohammed
Al-Qassimi, member of the supreme council, ruler of Sharjah,
supreme president of the University of Sharjah. The competition is
organized by the Sharjah Education Council in collaboration with
the College of Sciences, University of Sharjah and Sharjah Education Zone.
Important dates and instructions to contributors:
The deadline for abstract
submission in the competition will be January 2nd,
Participants are asked to submit a 500-word scientific
summary (abstract) of their work (in Arabic or English).
- Abstracts will be reviewed and accepted abstracts will be published in
special conference proceedings.
- Acceptance notification will be sent out by January 17,
- Abstracts should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com
- Participants should be currently teaching in a UAE school (including
- Contributions should not be presented/published elsewhere.
- Work will be evaluated by a specialized committee during the
presentation according to the criteria which will be sent together with the
acceptance letter. Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
- Advances in teaching and learning basic sciences
- Creative approaches in teaching & learning to attract students to
topics taught in basic sciences
- Modern Teaching and learning approaches
- New assessment tools and approaches
- IT tools & course management software in teaching
- Group learning
- Using experiments in teaching and learning
- Reluctance of students to the study of the basic
For more information on the Sharjah Science Festival and the Sharjah
Education Conference, please contact Dr. Ayssar Nahlé at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your contribution. Should you have any
questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Conference Organizing Committee
College of Sciences, University of Sharjah