The "International Forum on Engineering Education (IFEE)" was founded in 2001 to bring together educators, researchers, students, professionals, employers, policy and decision makers and other stakeholders from around the world to contribute to the advancement and enrichment of engineering education, research and practice. The IFEE was also intended to promote engineering education as a discipline of scholarship, especially in the Middle East and North Africa.
Six IFEE conferences were held between 2001 and 2012 under the following themes:
- 1st IFEE2001: "The Changing Role of Engineering Education in the Information Age", Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 2nd IFEE2002: "Generic Attributes in Undergraduate Engineering Education", Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 3rd IFEE2003: "Building Partnership with Government, Industry & Society" , Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 4th IFEE2006: "Integration of Teaching and Research with Community Service", Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 5th IFEE2010: "Engineering Education in the 21st Century"- Jointly with the 1st Towards Sustainable Development International Conference (1st TSDIC2010) “European Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education", Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 6th IFEE2012: "Collaborative Approaches in Science, Built Environment and Engineering Education, Research and Practice" - Jointly with the 2nd Towards Sustainable Development International Conference (2nd TSDIC2010) Sustainability in Built Environment and Engineering Education, Research and Practice", Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia