To position the University of Sharjah (UoS) among the world's leading research and educational institutions through strong international alliances and partnerships that support collaboration and exchange with leading institutions and continuous improvement of its ranking performance in world's leading university ranking systems.
· To enhance the international visibility of the UoS in the global research and educational arena by collaborating and building sustainable international cooperation in education and research with reputable international institutions. DIRRA will act as an interface between targeted international institutions and UoS internal entities to facilitate the execution of existing agreements and the development of strategic new agreements.
· To enhance the competitiveness of the UoS among the world's leading research and educational institutions and improve its ranking performance in world's leading university ranking systems (QS, THE World University Ranking, etc.).
Working with relevant academic and administrative Units, OIR provides leadership and coordinates the following activities:
· Developing and implementing a strategy for promoting the UoS internationally.
· Developing and coordinating the UoS international alliances and partnerships with reputable international institutions.
· Reviewing the MOU's signed by the UoS with various international institutions and taking the necessary actions for activating/executing these MOU's.
· Identifying and communicating to concerned academic units opportunities for international collaboration and exchange.
· Facilitating the collection and accumulation of institutional data needed by the world's leading university ranking organizations.
· Analyzing and continuously monitoring the university ranking criteria used in the various forms of world's leading university rankings.
· Developing and implementing a University strategy to enhance the ranking performance of the UoS in world's leading university ranking systems.