Future Faculty & Staff
University of Sharjah
Life on Campus
At a Glance
Office of the President
Office of the Chancellor
Board of Trustees
Fees and Scholarships
Degrees & Programs
Deanship for Academic Support Services
Office of VC. for Research and Graduate Studies
College of Graduate Studies
Research Institute of Medical & Health Sciences
Research Institute of Sciences & Engineering
Institute of Humanities & Social Science
Institute of Leadership in Higher Education
Research Funding Department
Scientific Publishing Unit
Research Groups and Centers
Athletics & Fitness
Student Clubs and Societies
20 Years of Knowledge
Innovations of Sharjah Scholars in the Curricula of their writings
UAE national day competition
Registration Instructions - Spring 2017/2018
One million loyalty signature
3rd International Conference on Arab’s and Muslim’s History of Science
Sharjah 1st International Conference for Persons with Disabilities
University of Sharjah
How to Apply
Applications and Forms
Date and Deadlines
ADMISSION REQUIRMENTS FOR THE M. SC. DEGREE:
The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree from a UAE-recognized university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3 out of 4 or its equivalence. Students with a GPA between 2.5 and 3 may be admitted conditionally provided that they register for 6-9 credits hours in the first semester of their study and obtain a “B” average. Otherwise, a student will be expelled from the program.
The undergraduate degree must have been achieved by attending no less than 75% of the required program period. Students with distance learning degrees shall not be considered for admission.
The Bachelor degree must be attested by the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research from a licensed higher education institution inside the UAE or equalized by the Ministry if received from a higher education institution outside UAE.
Candidates are required to demonstrate English language proficiency by obtaining: A minimum of 550 on the Institutional TOEFL (administered at the University of Sharjah) or its equivalent on the iBT or CBT; or 6 on the academic IELTS for programs taught in English. The TOEFL is not required for programs taught in Arabic (except Applied Sociology and Law, astudent must have TOEFL 450 or ILETS 4.5 ). However, students who obtain below a minimum of 400 on TOEFL are required to take and pass an English language course as a prerequisite.
The undergraduate degree should be in a subject that will qualify students for the graduate specialization of their choice. Otherwise, students may be admitted upon the recommendation of the department and after their having studied required prerequisite courses assigned by the department.
Some programs have additional admission requirements. Please consult the program's Web pages for details.
ADMISSION REQUIRMENTS FOR THE PhD DEGREE:
A student must hold an M. Sc. degree from a recognized university with a CGPA of 'very good' or the equivalent, and GPA of 2.5 out of 4 in Bachelor.
Students are required to obtain a score 550 on TOEFL or 6 on the academic IELTS for programs taught in English and 500 on TOEFL or 5 on the academic IELTS for programs taught in Arabic.
ADMISSION - TRANSFER STUDENTS
1- FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSITY
Students may transfer from a masters program at another University to a similar program at UOS through regular admission procedures if they satisfy the University's admission requirements as follows:
1. No more than 9 credit hours of corresponding courses shall be transferred provided that the student has obtained a grade of no less than 'very good' or (B) (3.0 out of 4.0) or the equivalent. Such grades shall not be counted in the student's CGPA.
2. The student has not been expelled from the university from which he is transferring.
3. One semester shall be subtracted from the time limit for obtaining the degree for each 9-12 hours transferred.
4. No more than four years have lapsed since completing the transfer courses.
2- FROM WITHIN THE UNIVERSITY
A student may transfer from one master's program to another within the University after a minimum of one semester of enrollment, with the approval of both departments and under the same regular admission procedures subject to the following:
1. Students are required to meet the conditions of the program they are transferring to in terms of GPA, space availability and any other conditions.
2. No more than 12 credits of corresponding courses may be transferred and shall be included in the student's new CGPA.
3. The student's registration has not been cancelled or he/she has not been expelled from the University.
4. The period the student spent in the program from which he/she is transferring shall be counted within the time limit for graduation and 9-12 credit hours shall be calculated as one semester.
ADMISSION - VISITING STUDENTS
The University makes provisions to accommodate visiting graduate students. For more details, please contact the College of Graduate Studies.