The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Making efforts to reduce water use on-campus and promote water reuse, as applicable.
2. Disseminating knowledge and spreading awareness on water quality and water conservation matters.
3. Ensuring safe potable and domestic water quality.
4. Ensuring safe water quality throughout the existing on-campus bottled water coolers.
5. Supporting the move towards less bottled waters through tap water filtration and monitoring initiatives.
1. Reduction in potable water use per person (STARS criteria).
2. Reduction in potable water use per unit of floor area (STARS criteria).
3. Reduction in water withdrawal per unit of vegetated grounds (STARS criteria)
4. Reduction in reliance on bottled water dispensers and increase in tap water dispenser use
5. Reduction in plastic wastes generated by discarded bottled waters
1. Publishing a step-by-step guide on how the UoS community (and beyond) can clean their bottled water coolers for safer water quality.
2. Providing water quality expert support to the initiatives related to moving towards less bottled waters through adequate tap water filtration systems and monitoring initiated by Office of Vice
3. Chancellor for Financial and Administrative Affairs.
4. Spreading public awareness on water quality, sanitation and water conservation matters through departmental and student led activities (e.g. World Water Day, EHS Day, etc.).
5. Engaging students in research projects as well as conducting research related to water quality, science, and technology
1. Reduce water use (greywater reuse, wastewater reuse)
2. Adopt water conservation strategies (domestic, green grounds)
3. Minimize reliance on bottled waters
4. Ensure safe water quality (bottled water coolers, tap dispensers)
5. Shift to more sustainable choices and practices in potable, domestic, and other water uses (water audits).
6. Spread awareness on water quality and water conservation matters and provide incentives for water savers (student orientation, EcoReps, sustainability ambassadors/water champions, graduation pledges, residence hall water (energy, etc.) saving competitions, water wastage hotline, community outreach)
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: