The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Move towards sustainable transportation systems: since transportation is a major source of greenhouse gas emissions and other pollutants that contribute to health problems, using more sustainable modes of transportation helps reducing air pollution, traffic congestion, and GHG emissions.
2. Promote the overall health and wellbeing of the campus community by encouraging and facilitating cycling and walking, where UOS has bicycle racks distributed around the campus.
3. Achieve cost savings and to support local economies: by reducing the use of petroleum-based fuels for transportation.
4. Support carpooling to travel to and from the university: carpooling will reduce the number of vehicles entering the campus which will reduce the air pollution and the GHG emissions on campus.
Various transportation services are provided for UOS community:
1. Transportation services for students having training off-campus.
2. Transportation services from and to Sharjah and Dubai international airports exclusively to the UOS dormitory students.
3. Weekly shopping services for the UOS dormitory students to different shopping centers (according to a dormitory-prepared schedule).
4. Emergency transportation for the UOS dormitory students to hospitals and outpatient clinics (as instructed by the dormitory management).
5. In-campus transportation available from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (from the dormitory to the medical college, college of fine arts and design, and among UOS main campus buildings).
6. Transportation for staff and faculty members to attend conferences and official visits.
7. Transportation services for new faculty members to complete their transactions.
8. Transportation services to Sharjah and Ajman for staff members.
- Zero Emission Vehicles: UOS owns 45 zero emission vehicles that are available, provided and charged by UOS and powered by both electricity and solar energy.
• Encourage car-sharing in campus: to reduce the number of cars entering the campus and to encourage car-sharing principle among university population, UOS will provide dedicated car parking spaces for those who are practicing car-sharing to encourage them.
• First and last mile mobility: as the sustainability office is striving to solve the parking problems, encourage car sharing as well as introduce the zero emission vehicles to be used by the students, the sustainability office is studying the First and Last mile mobility initiative. The sustainability office is currently studying the ION Beea’h proposal, which includes the following:
1- Electric car sharing for students and faculty members that can be accessible through a smart application.
2- Introducing electric scooter & bicycles.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: