The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Purchasing non-hazardous materials such as non-toxic cleaning products, thereby promoting healthy work, living, and learning spaces.
2. Purchasing recycled and environmentally certified materials such as recycled-content and third-party certified office paper by supporting markets for environmentally preferable paper.
3. Purchasing eco-efficient and low waste products that have less impact on health and environmental resources (e.g., energy and material consumption), particularly electronic products such as desktop computers, laptops, tablets/slates, televisions, mobile phones, and imaging equipment (copiers, digital duplicators, facsimile machines, mailing machines, multifunction devices, and printers and scanners).
4. Purchasing eco-labeled or green-stickers products that identify environmentally proven products with less environmental footprint such as consumed resources and amount of pollution created.
5. Purchasing safe and secured food and beverage products that support sustainable food systems, by prioritizing the purchase of plant-based and sustainably or ethically produced food and beverage items. These actions reduce the social and environmental impacts of food production and help foster food security, improved conditions for farm workers, healthier soils and waterways.
6. Green collaboration with partners such as sharing knowledge and training
1. % of environmentally certified materials.
2. % of eco-labeled or green-stickers products.
3. % of rejected or returned items due to environmental issues.
4. % of recycled or reused materials.
5. % of environmentally collaborative suppliers (e.g., sharing knowledge and training).
UOS started purchasing energy efficient computers, laptops, LED lights as well as other equipment and energy efficient appliances.
SSCast: a sustainable supply chain monthly podcast that brings key news, opinions and events concerning sustainable supply chain technologies, practices and trends.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: