The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Manage the grounds sustainably by integrating economic, social, and ecological dimensions to meet users’ needs, protect wildlife habitat, conserve resources, and maintain healthy ecosystems.
2. Design, maintain, and manage all hard and soft services in ways that provide a safe, livable and healthy indoor environment while simultaneously mitigating the impacts of buildings on the outdoor environment.
3. Incorporate environmental features into the design and planning of the campus to reach at producing a sustainable master plan that considers all practices of sustainability.
1. Building Design and Construction:
- Incorporating environmental features in design and construction projects.
- Sustainable decisions in the Design phase for enhanced indoor environmental quality, safe, healthy, and productive spaces for the campus community.
2. Landscape management:
- Campus Wide Sustainable management of the grounds.
3. Sustainability planning:
- Campus master plan and physical campus plan for current and new buildings, moving towards sustainability.
4. Student Life on Campus:
- Integrating Campus culture and building management and its spaces by providing interactive design decisions, to promote the engagement of student by integrating sustainability into their daily live on campus.
1. Landscape Design of Sustainable Farm for the UOS
2. Barrier-Free and Sustainable Master plan for UOS campus.
3. Sustainable Courtyard at College of Fine Arts and Design.
4. Interior Design of Institute of Leadership in Higher Education.
1. Waste Management and Segregation Campaign, Total cost of AED 33.000
2. Sustainable Courtyards for UOS campus, Total cost of AED 6000 for (15*5) sq. m
3. Project of access and comprehensive design for persons with disabilities, Total cost of AED 200.000
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: