The University of Sharjah was established in 1997 with the aim and vision to contribute to
the qualities shared by renowned universities around the world. The education and research programs we offer tend to be comprehensive and multi-disciplinary....
Admission Open for Fall Semester 2019-2018
UoS offers 111 programs across multiple academic disciplines.
Courses are offered in a variety of fields ranging from Sharia and Law to Health Sciences, Medicine, Fine Arts and Design, Engineering and Communication. We also offer a wide range of degree programs at the diploma, BSc/BA, MSc/MA, and PhD levels as well as the Executive MBA (EMBA) program.
The University of Sharjah is a residential university with over 3,403 students living on campus. Students have access to extraordinary campus resources and a wide range of cultural and social activities and opportunities.
Everything from food and athletics to healthcare is available within a short walk and at reasonable prices and convenient hours. Our two sports complexes provide facilities for sports of all types, including swimming, tennis and football.
1. Promote Health and Nutrition:Create access to affordable, local, healthy and sustainable food sources for UoS residents, Promote healthy living through gardening.
2. Growing Locally:Make it easy to grow healthy food for personal use, help to ensure that we know where our food comes from, that it is grown without chemicals and that it is not genetically modified.
3. Provide Educational Opportunities:The community garden offers both hands-on and seminars events throughout the year focused on health and nutrition, environmental stewardship, and organic gardening.
4. Strengthening the Local Community: Create public/private partnerships - build diverse and collaborative relationships with community organizations, and governmental entities • Connect people with each other, reducing isolation and creating a stronger sense of place. (Growing, eating and sharing food brings communities together.) Improve quality of life: health, well-being & happiness by offer practical practices and educational opportunities for people of all ages. This enhances a sense of community on campus through team building and working towards a common goal.
5. Protecting the Environment:Protect the quality of our land, soil, air and water by eliminating the use of chemical, and fertilizers. , Prevent food waste and lower our carbon footprints - reduce, reuse, recycle.
6. Support public policy that will confirm support for community gardens.
- Performance indicators for the Sustainability garden simplify the task by measuring and validating both current and future progress towards a more sustainable operation. UoS has identified most critical aspects of a sustainable agricultural operation.
• Energy Management:
There is both an economic and an environmental cost to energy usage from farming to processing. tracking energy usage can help to reduce costs and emissions within the operation.
• Fertilizer Management:
Being good stewards of the land includes using the right type and amount of fertilizer, in the right place, and at the right time to ensure crop needs are satisfied. Growers. Food Safety: Food Safety is about being committed to producing the safest food possible and maintaining a consistently safe operation from field to fork.
• Food Safety: Food Safety is about being committed to producing the safest food possible and maintaining a consistently safe operation from field to fork.
Growing, harvesting and processing operations can take a proactive approach to minimize their carbon footprint by incorporating more sustainable practices into their core business strategies. provides opportunities to cut operational costs by using fewer resources, such as energy, fuel, fertilizer, and water.
• Soil Management and Conservation:
Healthy soil is the foundation for healthy crops. Soils do much more than simply provide water and nutrients to crops.
• Waste Reduction and Material Management:
Reduce Reuse and Recycle. use of raw materials, unnecessary use of energy and water, and the disposal of organic materials.
• Water Management:
Conserving water and maintaining the quality of water leaving fields and processing plants is vitally important to fresh produce operations today.
• Ecosystems & Biodiversity:
A successful sustainable growing operation considers the natural habitat, plants ,while also adhering to food safety requirements.
- Building greenhouse and hydroponic system.
- Involving the student in the sustainable as a volunteer or as a part of the related courses , workshops and seminars.
P. O. Box 27272 Sharjah, UAE, Tel:
+971 6 5585000,
Fax: +971 6 5585099, Email: